Hi, the application version is 18.104.22.168, using Chrome 109.
Under the content control mode, which can only type in text in the content control area when the rest content in the document cannot be edited, the ribbon or toolbar is hidden, hence, the users cannot edit the style of the text in the content control area (details in the following screenshot).
Therefore, is there any button or setting can open the ribbon to the users when the document are limited to the content control mode?
Thank you for your help!
In order for us to better understand and address the issue, please provide a detailed description of the scenario, including any relevant steps. Additionally, if possible, please provide us with a video or step-by-step screenshots to help illustrate the issue. This will help us to better understand and assist you in finding a solution. Thank you.
Hi @Russell, thank you for your reply.
In order to better address the problem, we have checked the Api document again.
Following is the detailed scenario:
- The edit is set to “false” and review is set to “false” and fillForms is also set to “true”, so that the user can only fill forms in the document (form filling only mode).
- When the users enter form filling only mode, entering text in the form filling area, the users can only type in words, but cannot modify the font, size, or colour of the text, becasue the ribbon and toolbar at the top of the Document Editor is hidden preventing users to edit the style of the content.
The expected behavior is the users can also change the font, size or colour of the text in the form under form filling only mode.
We are currently investigating the situation and will keep you updated with any news we receive. We apologize for the wait and any inconvenience this may have caused. Rest assured that we are doing our best to resolve the issue.
Thank you for your understanding.
I wanted to let you know that we have created a proposal with the number 61279 in our internal tracking system regarding the situation you brought up. We will definitely keep you informed once this proposal has been implemented.
I would like to be involved in this task and I have a few additional questions:
- Do you use content controls or OFORMS?
- How exactly do you use it? Do you fill it out manually or you have automated the process? It will be appreciated if you record a video file with example of your usage scenario.
- Please clarify what kind of editor features do you need in the described scenario? I mean all of them? Also, do you need some features from Insert tab?