How to customise OnlyOffice connector (for HumHub)?

Do you want to: Ask a how-to question

How to configure the editor (set custom values for these parameters:
ONLYOFFICE Api Documentation - Config,
ONLYOFFICE Api Documentation - Configuring plugin)
when OnlyOffice is used as a module in HumHub?

I do have full server access for both apps.

Hello @shrey
Sorry, the connector app is ready-to-go solution for integration between HumHub and Document server. The connector does not require editor customization or code changes.
If you are going to do it on your own, please note that we cannot troubleshoot changed connector app in case of possible issues.

Hi @Alexandre , indeed, that’s understood.

The question was, how to go about doing that configuration?
Which files need to be edited and where are they located?

Thanks.

Hi.

Also, the sort of customisations that i’m currently referring to, are simply setting to default, on/off, for already available options (‘Track Changes’ to ON for everyone, Enable a particular plugin and set its defaults) in the editor. So that, a user doesn’t have to set them, every single time they create a new document.

The point is if a user uses ready-to-go connector app, they use it ‘as is’. If the users needs to change\operate with editor initialization config file (customization section, permissions, etc.), they are independent integrator and they have to build their own integration instead of using ready-to-go connector apps.

As for plugins, I’m not sure that I understand your thought.

Enable a particular plugin and set its defaults)

There’re 2 ways to enable plugins:

1. Plugin Manager in the editor browser (Plugins tab).
  2. Serverside installation for all users: Adding new plugins to server editors - ONLYOFFICE

I’m using the platform to work with multiple collaborators, for short-term projects.
And i don’t really have the option to onboard them properly and instruct them how to maintain a particular config, when using the editor. The implementation of the correct config, is nevertheless, pretty important, for each document, created by anyone.

Example, Collaboration > Track Changes to always be set to 'ON for me and everyone', like this:

Hence, as the ‘platform maintainer’ i would like to be able to set these config options as default, so that there’s absolutely no need to rely on the collaborator for maintaining the consistency in the working style.

Like, in this example:

I would want English (GB) to be selected as the default option for the Language Tool plugin.

I understand your desired scenario, but unfortunately there’s no way to achieve it via premade connector app.
As for LanguageTool plugin, I believe we can solve it. We need some time to discuss it internally. I will update this thread when we have something to share.

Update. We added enhancement to internal tracksystem (internal number - 61570). Unfortunately, there’s no way to set up default language settings in LanguageTool plugin. But we liked your idea and we’re going to implement this scenario.
Thank you for pointing us to this situation.