How to collect user responses using oForm like google forms

Community Server/Control Panel version: 12.1.1194
Type of installation of Workspace (docker, deb/rpm, exe): exe
Browser version: Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)

I want to share a form with all users of portal and collect all of their responses in a single place. Is there any feasibility to do so in OnlyOffice Workspace Community edition?

Hello @OnlyOfficeTester
Do I understand your idea right? The desired scenario: create OFORM file > share file with a few users, so they can fill out it > users fill out file and it auto saves output .pdf result to some specific folder (for example, in Common folders)?
If I misunderstood the scenario, please provide us with details.

I get a .csv file or something similar to see all responses in one place

We need some time to discuss it internally. I will update this thread when we have something to share.

1 Like

Hello @OnlyOfficeTester
There’s no way to achieve your described scenario at the moment. But we like your idea and we added suggestion to internal tracksystem (internal number - 61467). We have started working on it.

I appreciate the effort, also this would make the product even better in my opinion
Thanks for you assistance

1 Like

Was there ever any update to this?

While export to a CSV is a wonderful idea, personally I’d like to grab a copy of the completed form (PDF or otherwise) via the API.

Keen to know what options might be available, thanks!

Hello @paulf
We are still working on the mentioned feature (collecting filled out forms to specific folder). As for ‘grab a copy of the completed form (PDF or otherwise) via the API’, technically you can do it with these methods: ONLYOFFICE Api Documentation - Bulk download
ONLYOFFICE Api Documentation - Get file download link
However, you have to know the file ID to send a request correctly.
I assume it’s better to wait while we implement mentioned feature on our side.

Thanks @Alexandre that might be possible. The problem is, I guess when am oform is filled in, it’s done so on the client end there and then (and none of the responses are saved on the server).

Although I guess to download the form, that means the input is stored on the server, at least temporarily?

I guess the real issue then, is how do I know when the form has been filled in to completion and how do I get the ID for that file?

Appreciate that’s probably not a straight forward answer, but any help you can give is appreciated.

Many thanks,

Paul

Hello @paulf

I’m not sure that we have ready-to-go solution for this request. Probably the end user can notify you about ID file when the file is filled out. End user can hover mouse cursor over the file to see its ID in the left corner of browser in the end of link:

I understand that this solution is slightly ill-conceived, but I’m not sure if there’s another workaround solution while we are working to implement necessary out-of-the-box feature.

Hi @Alexandre ,

With Docs 8.0 does this become a bit more feasible do you know?

Hello @paulf
For independent integrators, yes it is running more smoothly with Docs 8.0, because we have added this method: ONLYOFFICE Api Documentation - Callback handler
So integrators now can get data from forms easily.

However, we are still working on implementing the feature described in this thread about collecting users responses from forms in one place\folder for Workspace. I will update this thread once we have implemented it.