How do I set default template(s) in DocSpace?

I have set up an account for DocSpace (which looks great!) and now I want to make Norwegian the default language for all new documents. When self-hosting ONLYOFFICE, I could replace the default template by overwriting the default “new document” template file.

How can I achieve this in DocSpace?

Hello @rsolva
I’ll check it out and update this thread when we have something to share.

1 Like

Hello @rsolva
Sorry, there’s no way to achieve described scenario at the moment. But we are planning to implement this feature in one of the next updates for DocSpace.
Sorry for inconvenience.

1 Like

Thanks for looking into it! We ended up going for ONLYOFFICE Workspace. Do you know if this is possible to do there? I would like to make a default template with our design style that is used when regular users choose to make a new (blank) document.

I think it’s possible, templates are located on the Community server side here: /var/www/onlyoffice/WebStudio/Products/Files/DocStore/new/en-US/
I’ve run a quick test and changed template for .docx files, all things are OK:Monosnap

Sorry, I should have mentioned that I’m using the cloud version!

Sorry, I could have understood the scenario. There’s no way to change templates on Cloud versions at the moment (Workspace\DocSpace).

Thanks for letting me know!

I hope this feature is on the roadmap. I think this is a deal-breaker for a lot of businesses that has their own corporate template library. At the very least there should be a possibility to choose from a list of templates when creating a new document, like in LibreOffice and Microsoft Office.

If I remember correctly, this is also a feature in recent versions of Nextcloud. You can put your templates in a template folder and get an option to choose from these templates when creating a new document.

Your request has been added and we will figure it out. Thank you for your suggestions.

Hi @Alexandre, any progress on this? We have set up a new DocSpace (hosted by ONLYOFFICE) and really need to set default templates for docs, spread sheets etc. We need to add our own styling and branding, and to set the default language for all users to minimize friction.

This is trivial to achieve on other platforms, both cloud and desktop variants, and could become a considerable hindrance for our organization to adopt ONLYOFFICE fully.

EDIT: Can I track the progress of this feature request somewhere?

Hello @rsolva
I need some time to check it out. I will update this thread as soon as possible.

1 Like

Hello @rsolva
We are still planning to add such feature for DocSpace Cloud in the one of the next versions. Unfortunately, I cannot provide you with exact time frames at the moment, because the work is still in progress.
Sorry for the inconvenience.