How do I change the default language in the Docker OnlyOffice Docs

How do you change the default document language? I’m using ES Spanish and every new document I create is defaulting to US English, and I’m having to manually change it.

I am using OnlyOffice Docs 7.5.1

Hi @fallo180 :wave:

The document language is set with the file itself.
It cannot be influenced by the configuration parameters in the ONLYOFFICE editor.

The solution is to open a template file where the desired language is already specified within the document.

(Empty templates should be provided by the integrator in their own repository)
Are you integrating docs with a particular document management system or using Workspace/DocSpace solution?

Hello Nicolás, I am only using an Onlyoffice Docs server on an Ubuntu server 22.04 as follows:

sudo docker container run -i -t -d --restart always -p 80:80 -p 443:443 --name onlyoffice-document-server\
 -e JWT_ENABLED=false \
 -e JWT_SECRET=KzWlywtebasMsb1yZDre \
 -e USE_UNAUTHORIZED_STORAGE=true \
 -v /app/onlyoffice/DocumentServer/sdkjs-plugins:/var/www/onlyoffice/documentserver/sdkjs-plugins  \
 -v /hdd/onlyoffice/guardados:/var/lib/onlyoffice/documentserver/App_Data/cache/files/forgotten \
 -v /app/onlyoffice/DocumentServer/logs:/var/log/onlyoffice  \
 -v /app/onlyoffice/DocumentServer/data:/var/www/onlyoffice/Data  \
 -v /app/onlyoffice/DocumentServer/lib:/var/lib/onlyoffice \
 -v onlyoffice-db:/var/lib/postgresql  onlyoffice/documentserver:7.5.1

and I would like to know in which path is the template that I have to replace within my docker container please

As I mentioned before, if you are an integrator using Docs:

If you’re looking at the example provided by the default document server, then the empty document templates are located at the following path within the document server container: /var/www/onlyoffice/documentserver/document-templates/new/

Once again, thank you for your help Nicolás, but I don’t know if I’m doing something wrong because I don’t see any changes when doing the following steps:
1.- Enter the container with docker container exec -it containerName bash
2.- Enter the path /var/www/onlyoffice/documentserver/document-templates/new/
3.- I rename the folder that is in English with: mv en-US en-US-old
4.- Copy the folder with the Spanish language with: cp -r es-ES en-US
5.- I exit docker with: exit and restart with: docker container restart ContainerName
6.- I go in and create a new onlyoffice document

I think the changes are not reflected because in my implementation the file is created with apache poi before opening it with onlyoffice XD, thanks

Unfortunately, I haven’t encountered Apache POI before.
Do you have any questions about it? If so, feel free to ask!:slight_smile:

Hello again Nicolás, Sorry, I’m trying to add spell checking support for the Spanish language Mexico, download the files indicated in "https://helpcenter.onlyoffice.com/installation/docs-community-install-fonts-windows.aspx” from "https://github.com/elastic/hunspell/tree/master/dicts/es_MX” and copied them to “/var/www/onlyoffice/documentserver/dictionaries/” in the es_MX folder but I can’t see any changes when restarting my container. Can you help me please.

Hello @fallo180
it seems that Adding new language spellchecking support guide is outdated.

Currently, it’s not possible for users to add a new language for the spell checker.
Only the replacement of dictionaries for existing languages is possible.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

1 Like

Ok, thank you very much for your help.

1 Like