Fs storage - keep original file names

Do you want to: Ask a how-to question
Document Server version: Version 12.5.2.1848
Type of installation of the Document Server : docker
Browser version:

Hello. I’m trying selfhosted version, and looking for the files in the filesystem I see they are renamed to content.mp3 and similar, instead of maintaining the original filename.

Is there a way that Onlyoffice can keep the original filenames when using fs storage?

Thanks.

Hello, @dncpax :handshake:

Unfortunately, there is no capability to change the file storage structure in OnlyOffice Workspace Community.

That’s really unfortunate…

Thanks for replying.

Hey @dncpax
Provide detailed information on how your suggestion can be useful/convenient, and we will review it!

Hey again.

I would like to have readonly access to my files “outside” onlyoffice, so I can copy/backup without depending on a functional onlyoffice instance.
In a failure scenario I would just grab my disk and have access to my files.

That’s my use case.

Thanks for looking into it.

hey :slight_smile:
Hmm
But you can already create backups of the Data folder independently, regardless of OnlyOffice backups.

yes, but in a hardware/software failure I wouldn’t have access to my files without onlyoffice, right? Only to the backups…

@dncpax

If you have access to the file system of the server where ONLYOFFICE Community Server is installed, you have access to all files.

/var/www/onlyoffice/Data/Products/Files/00/00/01/folder_1000/…

In general, yes, we recommend making backups more frequently so that in case of any issues, there is an option to roll back to a previous backup. This ensures that users retain their file permissions and file names.

Yes, true. The issue I have is the names get replaced.

@dncpax
I understand, but the decision was made to implement this specific file system.

Regarding your scenario, I am currently unclear about why you are hesitant to create backups of portal data using OnlyOffice.