Formulas lost/not copying when inserting a new row/column

Do you want to: Ask a how-to question

I’m considering moving from MSOffice and this is the very first time ever I open Only office to try so as a result, I am not sure if this is a feature missing, a bug, or just that I don’t know how to use the program. I tried googling for some times before asking but results regarding only office are quite sparse so I did not find anything.

Steps:

• Have a table with formulas
  • right-click on any table element
  • Insert
  • New row above/under

Behavior in MSOffice:

• Newly created elements already have their forumlas setup so you just have to fill

Behavior in OnlyOffice

• Newly created elements are just blank elements without any forumla whatsoever

Because I’m french, I’m not sure if I’m using the correct english terms to describe my issue so attached below are a demo of what I’m trying to explain in MSOffice and OnlyOffice using a document I got online. (I cannot/don’t want to share my work/personal documents)

MSOffice : https://imgur.com/a/5Ud7P2Y
OnlyOffice : https://imgur.com/a/s5TqvYt

Hello @TheFinanceGuy
We know about this issue (internal bug number - 57648). We are working on it already.
Sorry for inconvenience.

2 Likes

I am trying to switch to Onlyoffice, but I am running into the same problem described above. When I add new rows to a table, I need my formulas to populate the new rows, but they are not. Has this problem been addressed? Is there a setting I can change to make this happen? Thank you!

@KSweet, I know OnlyOffice has less features than other Office Suites (MS Office, WPS Office, FreeOffice) but I’m trying to help the project reporting bugs and requesting features. I had this same problem with spreadsheet.
I already was successful to help 4 people switch to OnlyOffice. I hope the suite becomes better and better.

At the time being, only office does not seem to be a viable alternative to excel unfortunately, I gave it a try quite a few times last year, and not only essential features such as this are missing, but the developers does not seem to focus their resources on the right essential features at all.

Everytime I am trying the software, I find out either that things that takes me maybe 30 minutes in excel is taking me at least 3 hours in onlyoffice or at other times, the task is just too tedious that you feels as though you are returning to the late 80s and doing everything by hand on paper, especially on large spreadsheets, so it is not worth the time and effort at all.

I still follow the project still because it is the closest to MS office I am accustomed to and I would really love to see improvements here however, the current state is not anywhere near good for my or maybe even most professional needs.

Edit just to clarify: By professional needs here, I am talking mostly about what excel is used for, the word and powerpoint equivalent is absolutely perfect at least for me, but the bulk of my work is in excel which is extremely hard or sometimes impossible to do in a modern and timely manner with the only office equivalent.

@TheFinanceGuy, I understand you. Even I that don´t use excel like a pro, I can see many missing features. Let´s keep helping the Project and let it good enought for pro users too.

Hello @KSweet @TheFinanceGuy @edersongs
The bug news first. We’re still working on mentioned bug 57648. When we have any news, I will update this thread.
About ‘missed’ features, if you have any suggestions\ideas, please share them with us. This forum is the place where we can communicate with our community and some of your ideas are really great.
We appreciated any feedback too. It helps us to build competitive and outstanding product.