Formula function not working on pre-created excel sheet

Hey guys,

Been realizing this problem for quite some time. When I open an excel document created elsewhere (such as finance software), I highlight all of the cells id like with the function option. I use SUM and the output is always zero no matter what. The moment I manually enter new numbers into the sheet cells in onlyoffice, the sum function works on the new cells and gives me the proper output (1+1 = 2).

What is going on? - Is there something specific in this document on the backend code of the document that onlyoffice isn’t reading?

Version: 7.1.1.57

Hello @jxs714,

Please specify in which application this spreadsheet file was created. We also recommend updating the editors to the current version (7.2). If the problem persists, please send us a test file with step-by-step instructions on how to reproduce this scenario.

Hi @Russell

Thanks for the response and update. Not sure what was used to create it or how to find it. It is from an online event ticketing software. It is an export of sales etc. I updated the software on desktop and its still the same issue. How can I send you the file?

You can upload the file to any available file hosting service and provide me with the link.

Hi @Russell - thanks for the update. Sure, here is a sample file: Easyupload.io - Upload files for free and transfer big files easily.

I am trying to use sum function in the area that says “total here”. The numbered cells are untouched.

1 Like

Hi @jxs714,

We reproduced your scenario in our editor and excel, in both cases the editors indicate that the cell format is not correct. We strongly recommend that you do not put the $ sign manually, use the CURRENCY cell format instead.

Hi @Russell - Thanks for the update and response. Ok, this fixed the issue. Thank you!

You are welcome! Contact us if you will have any other questions.