File Picker, xdg-desktop-portal, error/bug

OS version: Fedora 39 x64
App version: latest, xdg-desktop-portal-kde-5.27.8-2
Downloaded from: github rpm package
Additional information:

Dear community,

I hope this message finds you well. I am writing to report some issues I have encountered while using the editor with the --xdg-desktop-portal option.

1. Problem with .doc Files: When I open a .doc file, I am unable to save it. An error message appears stating: “Error occurred while opening portal: invalid filter: name is empty.”
  2. Problem with .docx Files: While opening .docx files works fine initially, I face another issue. If I create a new, empty file in a second tab and then paste content (either partially or fully) from the first file, I experience significant delays (3-5 seconds) when trying to save the changes. These delays also occur when navigating through directories using the file picker.

I would appreciate any guidance or solutions you can provide to resolve these issues.

Thank you for your attention to this matter.

Best regards,

Hello @i.ddqd
Please specify the Desktop editors version and point me to the installation guide that you used.
If it’s possible, please record a video of your tests and provide us with test files as well. We will check them out.