Feature Request: Outlook msg file viewer

Hi,
I’m new here and hopfully right in this part of the forum.
I’ve a setup with nextcloud connected to ONLYOFFICE Docs Community Edition.
Both fresh installed and working so far.
But I’m not able to take a look to *.msg files stored in my nextcloud folders and it seems not to be possible to check theses files with onlyoffice.
Does anyone know an easy way to build this feature?
Thanks in advance.
caustic

1 Like

Hello @caustic

Unfortunately, this file format is not supported by Document Server.
The list of supported formats you can find here:

• for Document Editor here;
  • for Spreadsheet Editor here;
  • for Presentation Editor here.

We have suggestion to add support of this file format registered in our internal system under the number 47579. However, we don’t have any approximate time frames for this implementation available yet.

Really need the ability to store and review emails online.

Hello @0x_yeoldemate

Unfortunately, I have no news on this suggestion.

Any update on this? It’s a big requirement.

Hello @0x_yeoldemate

Unfortunately, there are no news on this suggestion available yet.

If you want to speed up the process please see this thread:

I tried really hard alternative solutions like OnlyOffice, but there are so many killer features in M365. So I guess I have to give up. A pity. Thank you for your support.

@Constantine see this :point_up_2: OO is losing people b/c of not being able to deal with email messages. This is a lengthy thread of users asking for this feature. How is it not a priority? How are there no updates?

We are sorry for the inconvenience, however, I am in no possess of such information as of now.

When is OO going to offer this? You’re able to deal with emails in workspace, why not enable the ability to view (at least) in docs. Especially given the recent price hikes.

Hello @0x_yeoldemate
I will join this thread too.
We don’t have an ETA at the moment. However, we will update this thread as soon as we have something to share. If you want to speed up the situation, please pay attention to dedicated support mentioned in this thread: Get dedicated support

It’s been almost 18 months since raised and no info on when. Crazy. I get asked everytime I demo our product why emails can’t be viewed. Means we’re losing business.