Fast... but still not fast enough

I have noticed a subtle increase in performance in 8 series in comparison with the 7. However, it is still not as fast as competitors like wps or or freeoffice, and please do not tell me what are the specs of your computer. On the same machine the were noticeably faster.
I believe it is written using javascript , isn’t it? While most other desktop apps are written using c++, which tend to result into faster apps. I am not criticizing or reporting an issue and what you have done so far is brilliant, but when I try to convince others to use it, the first thing they say is it is not fast enough.I used Excel for many years and it was very performant and it once handled a large workbook made of almost 20 sheet some of which featured hundreds of records and it suffered nothing but a very small decrease in performance. This post is meant for discussion only, and I am not submitting any benchmarking here. I just want to know how seriously the dev team are taking speed into account throughout the months and years to come.

Hello @shagi
Thank you for your sharing. We are working to build the product that meets all users’ needs.
However, I believe that a detailed examination of the situation is the best thing that can be done here.
Please provide us with a test file and specify your OS and desktop editors installation type. We will run a few tests and review your described scenario ( ‘not as fast as competitors like wps or or freeoffice’).

P.S. I understand that you have shared your thoughts and intended to discuss them without reporting the situation. However, please bear in mind that this is a tech forum first of all. If there are any issues, we will work to figure them out and to resolve them.

Sorry Mr Alexandre for not giving much detail. I understand a post with little information can be frustrating.
My ram is 4 gigs, my disk is 120 gigs, ssd, my system is mx linux 21.3 based on debian bullseye I have a swap space almost the size of my ram.
my processor:
Celeron® Dual-Core CPU T3000 @ 1.80GHz
Threading
1 CPU - 2 Core - 2 Threads
Frequency
1795.39 MHz (9 * 199.49 MHz)
Multiplier
Current: 9 / Min: 6
Architecture
Penryn / Stepping: R0 / Technology: 45 nm
CPUID / Ext.
6.7.A / 6.17
IA Extensions
MMX, SSE, SSE2, SSE3, SSSE3, EM64T
Caches
L1D : 32 KB / L2 : 1024 KB
Caches Assoc.
L1D : 8-way / L2 : 4-way
Microcode
Rev. 0xA07
Temperature
51 °C / 124 °F

Graphics: Device-1: Intel Mobile 4 Series Integrated Graphics vendor: Hewlett-Packard Display: x11 server: X.Org 1.20.11 compositor: xfwm4 v: 4.18.0,
OpenGL: renderer: Mesa DRI Mobile Intel GM45 Express (CTG) v: 2.1 Mesa 20.3. direct render: Yes

I use lxde desktop . On idle the system takes only 500 megs of ram.The Onlyoffice I use is Desktop Editors version 8.1.1.27 (deb). Freeoffice and wps are the latest version as well.

in the following video which I recorded on my computer . I use freeoffice , wps and onlyoffice , loading a blank spreadsheet first and another workbook named name.xlsx containing 17 sheets each containing hundreds of records however the columns are not many, only six , and formulas are not sophisticated. I would not say the size of the file because each app has a different output size but it is around 1 megabyte. I did some random meaningless editing and saved the file. The video’s length is 7 minutes.

I would give wps gold , planmaker silver and onlyoffice the bronze. However Onlyoffice surprised me and it performed better than I expected. I am not being critical here . In fact , I want Onlyoffice to succeed. Consider my post as a feedback on how it would fare on older hardware in comparison with competitors. If the developers can push the speed forward a notch through the upcoming nine series it would be great. If not possible, then it is still a great app. Peace out . :slightly_smiling_face: :v:

Hello @shagi
Thank you for the provided video file and your tests! It seems that editing and saving process times are pretty similar between the editors. However, in the provided videofile, our editor opened a large file a little bit slower than others.
I understand your concerns and can assure you that we are constantly working to improve the editor and I hope the future versions will meet your expectations.