Error 502 Docs

Hello everyone, this is my first post here, and I am happy to be in this community.

My problem is that I can’t open a doc file on my profile. The doc is on the cloud. I use the free version of Onlyoffice. I can still open all the other ones. I tried several connections (VPNs) and browsers, but the problem persists. When I try to open it this message pops out instead of the content of my document. Please tell me I didn’t lose my document and that’s a bug that can be fixed:

"502 ERROR
The request could not be satisfied.

CloudFront attempted to establish a connection with the origin, but either the attempt failed or the origin closed the connection. We can’t connect to the server for this app or website at this time. There might be too much traffic or a configuration error. Try again later, or contact the app or website owner. If you provide content to customers through CloudFront, you can find steps to troubleshoot and help prevent this error by reviewing the CloudFront documentation.

Generated by cloudfront (CloudFront)
Request ID: y9bP_rcc8ADqDNtFymS0Wuhslppj_u37p68qbCu55Qpud9RKXh5HjA=="

Thank you in advance for your help!

Hello @petercamel

Can you please specify which product do you use exactly and its version? Also, please record a video demonstration of the issue for better visual understanding of it.

Hello @Constantine

As a new user I can’t unfortunately upload attachments, I can’t show you a video but I’ll try my best.

My version is the following:

"Document management: ONLYOFFICE DocSpace v.2.0.0
Online editors: ONLYOFFICE Docs v.7.5.1.23
Software license: AGPL-3.0

© Ascensio System SIA
Address: 20A-6 Ernesta Birznieka-Upisha street, Riga, Latvia, EU, LV-1050
Phone: +371 660-16425
E-mail: support@onlyoffice.com
Site: www.onlyoffice.com"

Regarding the issue, I am trying to open a DOCX file. Clicking on it, another window opens as usual, but after loading, instead of the content of my DOCX file, that error message I wrote in the previous message appears. The error message is editable. Error message below for reference:

" 502 ERROR

The request could not be satisfied.

CloudFront attempted to establish a connection with the origin, but either the attempt failed or the origin closed the connection. We can’t connect to the server for this app or website at this time. There might be too much traffic or a configuration error. Try again later, or contact the app or website owner.
If you provide content to customers through CloudFront, you can find steps to troubleshoot and help prevent this error by reviewing the CloudFront documentation.

Generated by cloudfront (CloudFront)

Request ID: y9bP_rcc8ADqDNtFymS0Wuhslppj_u37p68qbCu55Qpud9RKXh5HjA=="

I can still open the previous version of the DOCX file, but I would need to re-work it.

I hope the file is still there and not wiped out as I need to work on it daily (I skipped already yesterday and today for this issue).

If you can help in any way I would be grateful.

Thanks again!

Do you use SaaS (software as a service) or on-presmise installation?

I’ve increased your trust level, now you can add attachments to the message. By the way, does this issue only occur with one particular file?

Sorry I don’t know how to answer the first question. What I did, was just to open a profile on Onlyoffice website, no particular additional installation. I hope that’s what you were asking me.

Thanks for increasing my trust level, but I am still stopped by uploading the video.

It happens only with one file, all the others work normally. I also tried to use different browsers and VPNs but still nothing, just that file still presents the same issue.

I also just noticed that the document size is 1.01KB even if it’s a >100pages document.

Can you please share link to the site where you created an account?

What is the extension of the file? Is it possible to share it with me for analysis?

I am sorry, but after 3 days of posting the problem in detail, I also had the time to check the forum. Similar issues happened already in the past and were Onlyoffice bugs.

It is inconceivable that I cannot work for 3 days because of the unreliability of the platform and Onlyoffice doesn’t value the tempestivity of the problem resolution (the problem is still there and you are asking questions I already answered, like the extension of the file, or if it’s happening only on one file etc…). How long do you think I can spend without working on a file that I should work on DAILY?

I opened the file with the previous saving and I re-worked it, plus the work of the lost time.

I canceled my profile and moved to another platform. Problem solved.

Good luck with your future ventures.

I understand your frustration but every case is unique and we need to get all precise data in order to troubleshoot it. If you are just a regular portal user, you can contact Administrator of the portal and ask them to help finding requested information.

In any case, we are trying to help everyone of this forum. If you want to receive prompt replies, you can get dedicated support: