Elastic search update removed community server and control panel

Hello,

I have installed Workspace using the script install method without Docker and without the mail server.

One day later the system updated elasticsearch and while doing so it removed the community server and control panel when updating elasticsearch.

I have tried using the script again with the -u option hoping that will reinstall CS and Control Panel but it says:
onlyoffice-communityserver is already installed
onlyoffice-xmppserver is already installed
onlyoffice-documentserver is already installed
onlyoffice-controlpanel is already installed

so I am now left with a non functional install.

Is there a way to reinstall everything?

Thank you in advance!

No? No one?

A major flaw in the thought process of Workspace allowing a simple component update to a different version to actually erase the entire install and no reaction after so many hours?
Why was the bug tag removed? Surely a stable release is not actually erased by a simple component update or, at least, some fail safes are set in place for those using your own script to install considering that the repo sources proposing the update are actually also installed by your script. So, again, why was the bug tag removed?

Besides the above, is there a solution to this other than compromising an entire OS install?

Thanks!

Hello,

The bug tag is added to topics where there is an actual bug that was reproduced by us and added to our bug tracker.

If you are interested in solving the issue as fast as possible, you can contact our Sales team and purchase a support incident: sales@onlyoffice.com

As for the issue, please send me the output of
yum list installed | grep onlyoffice

1 Like

Hi Carl,

Thank you for your reply! I didn’t know I can purchase a per incident support. Thank you for the information!

I am running Debian 9. Here it is the output of apt list | grep onlyoffice:

onlyoffice-communityserver/squeeze,now 11.5.4.1582 all [residual-config]
onlyoffice-controlpanel/squeeze,now 3.0.2.395 all [installed]
onlyoffice-desktopeditors/squeeze 6.4.1-46 amd64
onlyoffice-documentbuilder/squeeze 6.4.1-49 amd64
onlyoffice-documentserver/squeeze,now 6.4.1-45 amd64 [installed]
onlyoffice-documentserver-de/squeeze 6.4.1-45 amd64
onlyoffice-documentserver-ee/squeeze 6.4.1-45 amd64
onlyoffice-documentserver-enterprise/squeeze 3.8.1-15 amd64
onlyoffice-documentserver-ie/squeeze 6.0.2-5 amd64
onlyoffice-xmppserver/squeeze,now 11.0.0.111 all [residual-config]

Thank you!

Thank you for the information.

The community server package is strictly dependent on the Elasticsearch version that is installed with the script. Note: when you try to install the update for Elasticsearch, the system warns you that Community Server package will be removed.
Please try running apt remove onlyoffice-communityserver and apt remove onlyoffice-xmppserver and after that run the installation script with -u true.
The only way to avoid it is to use docker installation, where Community Server package is isolated in a container with all its dependencies.

1 Like

While running apt remove onlyoffice-communityserver I get the following:

Package 'onlyoffice-communityserver' is not installed, so not removed

and on a bash workspace-install.sh -u true I get:

Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
onlyoffice-documentserver is already the newest version (6.4.1-45).
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
spawn apt-get install -y --only-upgrade onlyoffice-communityserver elasticsearch=7.9.0
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Skipping onlyoffice-communityserver, it is not installed and only upgrades are requested.
The following packages will be DOWNGRADED:
  elasticsearch
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 1 downgraded, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
E: Packages were downgraded and -y was used without --allow-downgrades.
expect: spawn id exp4 not open
    while executing
"expect eof"
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Skipping onlyoffice-xmppserver, it is not installed and only upgrades are requested.
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
grep: /var/www/onlyoffice/WebStudio/web.connections.config: No such file or directory
grep: /var/www/onlyoffice/WebStudio/web.connections.config: No such file or directory

Thank you for installing ONLYOFFICE.
You can now configure your portal using the Control Panel
In case you have any questions contact us via http://support.onlyoffice.com or visit our forum at http://dev.onlyoffice.org

Thank you.

Please try running this command
apt install elasticsearch=7.9.0 onlyoffice-communityserver onlyoffice-xmppserver

I’ve reinstalled the entire OS and installed Workspace with Docker. I will work around docker for the rest of the services I need.

Thank you very much for your time and willingness to help! Good to know I can purchase per incident support.

All the best and stay safe!