Editor loading endlessly

Document Server version: 7.5.1 (Community Edition) installed on Windows

Hello,

I have installed Document server 7.5.1 and ran example successfully, but when I try to open a document, the editor keeps on loading…

What could be the problem please ?

Thank you in advance for your answer :slight_smile:

Hello @mra

Does it load endlessly on the integrated test example?

Please share a link to the guide that you’ve followed to install Document Server. Also, please check browser console for any issues during document loading - best practice here is to open a document to reproduce the issue, then open browser console (F12) and then reload the page with opened browser console. If possible, provide logs from C:\Program Files\ONLYOFFICE\DocumentServer\Log\ too.

Hello @Constantine

I am actually trying to open a document using the integrated test example…
When I open the browser console and reload the page as you suggested, I get several errors :

• Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) for web-apps/vendor/socketio/socket.io.min.js.map

• Websocket connection failed. There was a bad response from the server

• Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 502 (Bad gateway) nginx

The files in my C:\Program Files\ONLYOFFICE\DocumentServer\Log\ folder didn’t help… No file was updated after I tested this scenario

I followed the following installation guide : Installer ONLYOFFICE Docs sous Windows sur un serveur local - ONLYOFFICE

Thank you for your help :slight_smile:

First of all, I’d ask you to share the logs anyway since rest of error does not provide enough information to understand the issue. By the way, did you enable HTTPS?

Additionally, please make sure that all required ports are opened on the machine. You can find list of ports used by Document Server in our Help Center:

No, I didn’t enable HTTPS.

There was indeed some issues with port numbers, I have solved it, thank you !

Now when I open a document I have an error saying “The document security token is not correctly formed”… how could I work this out please ? Here are the logs of docservice :

[2023-12-20T09:02:32.652] [WARN] [localhost] [docId] [userId] nodeJS - Express server starting…
[2023-12-20T09:02:32.661] [WARN] [localhost] [docId] [userId] nodeJS - Failed to subscribe to plugin folder updates. When changing the list of plugins, you must restart the server. File system | Node.js v21.5.0 Documentation
[2023-12-20T09:02:32.806] [WARN] [localhost] [docId] [userId] nodeJS - Express server listening on port 8000 in production-windows mode. Version: 7.5.1. Build: 23
[2023-12-20T09:05:12.084] [WARN] [localhost] [docId] [userId] nodeJS - convertRequest auth failed {“code”:-120,“isDecoded”:false,“params”:{“async”:false,“filetype”:“docx”,“key”:“7590ed07_44cd_4354_80f7_fa5e15804085”,“outputtype”:“docx”,“title”:“506c2a16-33b3-47c1-b0c8-48a69de78d45”,“url”:“http://my_ip:80/Products/Files/HttpHandlers/filehandler.ashx?action=empty&title=.docx&X-REWRITER-URL=http%3a%2f%2fmy_ip%3a80”,“region”:null}}
[2023-12-20T09:05:27.091] [WARN] [localhost] [VU_Vc8YH4zjZ8aE_5FdK_tTmDFJroDj15l_xPJI7aNM_] [userId] nodeJS - checkJwt error: name = JsonWebTokenError message = jwt must be provided token = undefined
[2023-12-20T09:16:45.870] [WARN] [localhost] [docId] [userId] nodeJS - convertRequest auth failed {“code”:-120,“isDecoded”:false,“params”:{“async”:false,“filetype”:“docx”,“key”:“ac75903e_586d_46c4_88bc_c3ad246e82e5”,“outputtype”:“docx”,“title”:“805fc90a-5eef-443b-93ed-70736e7bb67b”,“url”:“http://my_ip:80/Products/Files/HttpHandlers/filehandler.ashx?action=empty&title=.docx&X-REWRITER-URL=http%3a%2f%2fmy_ip%3a80”,“region”:null}}
[2023-12-20T09:21:33.320] [WARN] [localhost] [7Cix2001EPU5qqVhymVBlejHwa1bLV44txGJq1FVo_c_] [userId] nodeJS - checkJwt error: name = JsonWebTokenError message = jwt must be provided token = undefined
[2023-12-20T09:21:48.243] [WARN] [localhost] [VU_Vc8YH4zjZ8aE_5FdK_tTmDFJroDj15l_xPJI7aNM_] [userId] nodeJS - checkJwt error: name = JsonWebTokenError message = jwt must be provided token = undefined
[2023-12-20T09:31:43.670] [WARN] [localhost] [VU_Vc8YH4zjZ8aE_5FdK_tTmDFJroDj15l_xPJI7aNM_] [userId] nodeJS - checkJwt error: name = JsonWebTokenError message = jwt must be provided token = undefined

Thank you again :slight_smile:

Did you make any changes to default.json config of Document Server? Please share latest ERROR entries from out.log in converter folder after trying to reproduce the issue.

No, I didn’t change anything I think, this is what I have in default.json for “secret” and “token” :

“secret”: {
“browser”: {“string”: “secret”, “file”: “”},
“inbox”: {“string”: “secret”, “file”: “”},
“outbox”: {“string”: “secret”, “file”: “”},
“session”: {“string”: “secret”, “file”: “”}
},
“token”: {
“enable”: {
“browser”: false,
“request”: {
“inbox”: false,
“outbox”: false
}
},
“browser”: {
“secretFromInbox”: true
},
“inbox”: {
“header”: “Authorization”,
“prefix”: "Bearer ",
“inBody”: false
},
“outbox”: {
“header”: “Authorization”,
“prefix”: "Bearer ",
“algorithm”: “HS256”,
“expires”: “5m”,
“inBody”: false,
“urlExclusionRegex”: “”
},
“session”: {
“algorithm”: “HS256”,
“expires”: “30d”
},
“verifyOptions”: {
“clockTolerance”: 60
}
}

In out.log in converter folder, I don’t have any ERROR but only a WARN

[2023-12-22T11:12:30.319] [WARN] [localhost] [docId] [userId] nodeJS - update cluster with 1 workers

But I have this error from docservice :

[2023-12-22T15:49:19.814] [WARN] [localhost] [H3WaP3WhpVp2PFECr3czkUUvBJYYNIyCvYAxz6peGwM_] [userId] nodeJS - checkJwt error: name = JsonWebTokenError message = jwt must be provided token = undefined

Please additionally share contents of both local.json configs in ...\DocumentServer\config and ...\DocumentServer\example\config folders.

Here is the content in DocumentServer/config/local.json :

{
“services”: {
“CoAuthoring”: {
“sql”: {
“dbHost”: “localhost”,
“dbPort”: “5432”,
“dbUser”: “onlyoffice”,
“dbPass”: “onlyoffice”,
“dbName”: “onlyofficedocs”
},
“redis”: {},
“server”: {
“port”: “8000”
},
“utils”: {
“utils_common_fontdir”: “C:/Windows/Fonts”
},
“enable”: {
“request”: {
“inbox”: true,
“outbox”: true
},
“browser”: true
},
“header”: “Authorization”
},
“header”: “Authorization”
}
},
“secret”: {
“string”: “jJ6OuqjhECs3EHQrhzTTDD6PKukihk”
},
},
“session”: {
}
}
}
},
“rabbitmq”: {
“url”: “amqp://guest:guest@localhost”
},
“license”: {
“license_file”: “C:/ProgramData/ONLYOFFICE/Data/license.lic”
},
“storage”: {
“fs”: {
“secretString”: “sY3RLDaVGlCcjsGRjFIE”
}
}
}

And in DocumentServer/example/config/local.json :

{
“server”: {
“enable”: true,
“secret”: “jJ6OuqjhECs3EHQrhzTTDD6PKukihk”,
“authorizationHeader”: “Authorization”
},
“port”: “3000”
}
}

Also, when I disable JWT Token and I try to open a document, I have a “Download failed” error displayed.

And I have the following error in DocumentServer/Log/convert/out.log :

[2024-01-03T10:09:34.941] [ERROR] [localhost] [H3WaP3WhpVp2PFECr3czkUUvBJYYNIyCvYAxz6peGwM_] [79ae64f3-18d7-4bbf-b0bb-8dfabc6731a9] nodeJS - error downloadFile:url=http://my_ip:80/Products/Files/HttpHandlers/filehandler.ashx?action=stream&fileid=125&stream_auth=441968971646.VAV9OGF1MHHHH9N715S7TZBJIBRXDZ8NENK5SXIQRZE&X-REWRITER-URL=http%3a%2f%2fmy_ip%3a80;attempt=3;code:null;connect:null Error: DNS lookup my_ip(family:undefined, host:undefined) is not allowed. Because, It is private IP address.
at validateIPAddress (C:\snapshot\server\build\server\Common\node_modules\request-filtering-agent\lib\request-filtering-agent.js:71:20)
at Socket. (C:\snapshot\server\build\server\Common\node_modules\request-filtering-agent\lib\request-filtering-agent.js:125:29)
at Object.onceWrapper (events.js:519:28)
at Socket.emit (events.js:412:35)
at TCPConnectWrap.afterConnect [as oncomplete] (net.js:1145:10)

I managed to open my documents by adding these in my local.json :

“services”: {
“CoAuthoring”: {
“request-filtering-agent”: {
“allowPrivateIPAddress”: true,
“allowMetaIPAddress”: true
}

Thank you for your help :slight_smile:

1 Like