Editing doc with a nextcloud shared link

When I want to share a doc via a link with nextcloud (with modify right), the doc can’t be modified. It’s opened in read only mode for unconnected persons.

Is there somewhere (nextcloud or onlyoffice) parameters to changed in config files ?

Nextcloud : version 21.04/deb install
Type of installation of the Document Server : last version document server/deb install

Greetings!

Could you please provide us with a link to any file with editing rights by performing the actions shown on the attached screenshot?

Best regards.

https://cloud.cgtthales.fr/s/P4HRxR7beEcwS3t
Allow editing check box disappears when I move to another function in nextcloud
I forgot that IP are filtered. So it’s possible you can’t access to my server

Problem solved : set a parameter in nextcloud

Hello,
Could you please specify the parameter you used? It will be helpful to other users who might encounter a similar issue.

Sorry but I don’t remember yet. I will try to find wich parameter it was …

Just in case even a single person comes across such a problem and can’t figure it out, since it troubled me recently…

Not sure if it’s the exact same issue, but documents with “allow editing” enabled won’t really allow editing unless they are within a folder that is also publicly shared. It wasn’t always the case, and it’s not really explicitly stated anywhere.

Hello @whocares
Sorry for the late reply.
I’m not sure that I understand the issue scenario right in your case.
I’ve created folder and the file > shared the file with ‘allow editing’ parameter only (no actions with the folder). As the result, second user can edit the file by shared link.
I’ve checked scenario on Nextcloud v.24 and the latest connector app and Document server.
Please provide us with details.

Hi,
No worries. I am using version 23 and that’s the only way it works for me. Sending a link to a shared folder, within which a file with “allow editing” exists.
I don’t have an issue per se, I just commented so that others that potentially face this “peculiarity” may try that as well.
Thanks anyway!

Thank you for your description.
If it’s possible, please update your Nextcloud server. The connector app doesn’t support Nextcloud v.23 since v.7.5.0: https://github.com/ONLYOFFICE/onlyoffice-nextcloud/blob/master/CHANGELOG.md#changed-4
But there’re a lot of new features and fixes in the latest versions.