Edit spelling checker file

When you add a new word to the spelling dictionary, does this get added to an editable text file?

I would like to manually add some new words and also removed ones that have been incorrectly added.

Thanks.

Hello @StevieW
We are checking the situation. I will come back to you as soon as possible.

1 Like

Hi @StevieW ( and @Farkhod )
The ability to edit the personalised dictionary is coming in a future release.
In the meantime, you can access the file directly, as it is just a plain text file.
In Windows, that dictionary file is located in;

C:\Users\{userid}\AppData\Local\ONLYOFFICE\DesktopEditors\data\dictionaries\all

and the file is called “all.dic”

If you are on another platform, the path above may give you a clue as to where to look.

The first line contains a number representing the number of words in the file, which is followed 1 word by line, probably in the order they were added.

If you are going to edit it, I would make sure to keep it valid by ensuring that the number matches the quantity of words.

1 Like

Hi…many thanks for the reply. I am on a Mac and I’m struggling to find a file called all.dic

Any ideas where it is on a Mac?

Thanks again.

I just had a look at a post similar to this one, and that user was on the Mac, and he said the file was located in;
/Users/SPECIFIC USER NAME OR ID/Library/Application Support/asc.onlyoffice.ONLYOFFICE/data/dictionaries/all/all.dic

1 Like

Many thanks David. Your path worked perfectly and I have found the file.

Not sure why my Finder didn’t find it when I did a search.

Thanks again for taking the time to respond.

i am on mac and use this application instead of finder or spotlight for a deep search, give a try: easy find by DEVONtechnologies | Needful Things

for windows users: everything from https://www.voidtools.com/ is best choice

both apps are freewares…

1 Like

Thanks for the tip. I will give it a try :grinning: