"Don't add Intervals" does not stick after save and reopen

Fedora 39
OnlyOffice-8.0.1-x86_64.rpm

When I highlight a entire document, click “Don’t add intervals between paragraphs of the same type”, then save the document, close the document, reopen the document, the interval come right back.

DontAddSpaces.odt (5.8 KB)

AddSpaceReturns.mkv (3.8 MB)

This bug is causing havoc with my “Tables of Contents” when things scroll to the following pages after my documents are reopened and the pages grow!

Hi @Todd :wave:

Our native format is Office Open XML (OOXML) with extensions .docx, .xlsx, and .pptx.

Every time you open or save documents with extensions other than .docx, .xlsx, and .pptx, the file will be converted.

As the formats are fundamentally different, some data and formatting can be lost due to the simple reason that some formats.

Example: Opening .odt document in ONLYOFFICE Desktop.

1. .odt is converted to .docx (OOXML format)
  2. You edit the document in .docx
  3. When saving the document in .odt, the document from .docx is converted to .odt.

We strive to do everything in our power to address issues with file conversion and appreciate your assistance in identifying these problems.
If you have the opportunity to use file extensions .docx, .xlsx, and .pptx, you can avoid potential conversion issues.

Thank you once again for providing this information.

I’ll get back to you as soon as I have information on the issue you’ve provided.

Hi Nikolas,

I created a simple Flat odt (*.fodt) with no spaces between paragraphs to assist you in the troubleshooting process. fodt’s are a lot easier to read that odt’s as they are not compressed.

Would you add *.fodt to your allow list?

In the mean time, I will send you an IceDrive invitation.

-T

Thank you @Todd :slight_smile:

At the moment, the option ‘Don’t add interval between paragraphs of the same style’ is not available when converting a file to .odt. We have submitted a request for its implementation.

We’ll think about it!