Document not editable

I update a Demo System from ONLYOFFICE 6.3 to 6.4.1-45 and have the effect, that the document will be opened but it can’t be edited. A another system, also updated to 6.4.1-45 has any problem.

The problem only appears on word files. Powerpoint and Excel works fine.

What I already checked:

• The License seems not the problem (Test the original license, our Development License and the Trail License)
  • I test the DE 5.4.1, EE 6.4.1 and the DE 6.4.2. Always the same effect
  • I test is as Windows Installation (only 6.4.2) and also with Docker (for Windows)

I checked the logs and the only difference I can find is, that is try to load a htmlutils.js file what is not available. The other system does not try to load this file.

2021/10/15 09:05:43 [error] 6262#6262: *26 open() "/var/www/onlyoffice/documentserver/web-apps/apps/common/main/lib/util/htmlutils.js" failed (2: No such file or directory), client: 172.17.0.1, server: , request: "GET //6.4.1-45/web-apps/apps/common/main/lib/util/htmlutils.js HTTP/1.1", host: "enaio-demo-1.ecmind.ch", referrer: "https://<host>/onlyoffice/6.4.1-45/web-apps/apps/documenteditor/main/index_loader.html?_dc=6.4.1-45&lang=en&customer=ONLYOFFICE&headerlogo=https%3A%2F%2F<host>%2Foffice%2Fassets%2Fecmind.svg&frameEditorId=editor&compact=true&parentOrigin=<host>&uitheme=default-light"

I also checked the editor configuration (jwt) but also here I can’t find any difference.

Do you have any idea how i can debug this problem?

Best Regards
Uli

Hello Uli,

The htmlutils.js bug was caused by using the toolbarNoTabs parameter (ONLYOFFICE Api Documentation - Config) and it did not affect the editing anyhow. We fixed this bug in v6.4.2.

I’d suggest checking the editor config. Maybe the mode is set to view, or the permissions are set this way.

I compared the to configurationss but I can’t find the problem:

Red does not work, green is fine.
I execute my test with the same browser and maschine (firefox).

Config starts at the node onlyOffice at line 3

I found the bug.
reviewDisplay: original is the problem in edit mode.
If it is set to markup, it works. I guess there is a implicit bugfix for this property in 6.4.

This is not a bug. Final and Original mode display the document in viewer:

Hi Carl,

you are right. I just did not understand my mistake.
Thank you for your help and I wish you a nice weekend.

Best Regards
Uli