Document corrupt, content replaced entirely by NULL

Recently, one of my documents got corrupt. I last edited the file the previous night. This morning, when I tried to open it, the editor asked me to choose encoding type. I was suspicious, and clicked the default (UTF8), and the document opened was as a single blank page. There was nothing in it.

The document size is still over 50 MB. I opened the file in HxD hex editor, only to find that everything in it has been replaced by zeroes. There is nothing but zeroes in that file.

Autosave is turned on. The file is not shared with any other user. Here are all the logs: Upload files for free - Log.zip - ufile.io

OnlyOffice DocumentServer version: 8.10
Browser: Brave

I do have an older version to fall back to, but this is still not desired behaviour.

BTW, the corruption did not happen overnight. I take a backup of the file on my desktop each night, after finishing the day’s work. That backup is corrupt as well.

forgot to mention that the server is local

Hello @subhasiscgr
Could you please specify the exact date of the incident? I checked the latest logs entries, but there’re no issues.

A few more things about your installation:

OnlyOffice DocumentServer version: 8.10

that the server is local

Document server doesn’t support desktop versions of Windows OS. Another hint that the latest version is v.8.1.1.
However, I don’t see any errors for June 31st-August 1st in the provided logs

it happened that very day, around 1:00 a.m. I too found nothing on the logs. The logs have never been helpful in my experience.

The documentserver version is 8.1.0 . I missed the dot.

Hello @subhasiscgr
Do you use some ready-to-go integration such as Nextcloud, Alfresco, etc.? Please describe your your deployment and the integration.

The documentserver version is 8.1.0 . I missed the dot.

Please update your installation to the latest version (v.8.1.1). Also please pay attention to my previous post that desktop Windows has not been tested for Document server installation and we cannot guarantee stable work.

Well, I hope Windows Desktop support gets added soon. I believe it will help many small businesses here in India that do not need or cannot afford Windows server, and cannot hire Linux sysadmins either. OnlyOffice has one feature that MS Office doesn’t: Collaboration over LAN, which helps with internet downtime.

I have installed OnlyOffice on Linux in several such business environments, and eventually they all gave in, bought Windows and MS Office.

As for my environment, it is basic. There is no Nextcloud etc.

Hello @subhasiscgr
Sorry for the late reply.
What is your DMS with which you have integrated Document server? I mean that the Document server is just an editor and it doesn’t store the files. Have you integrated the Document server with your own self-written app? Please provide us with details of your usage scenario of working with files. If there’re no errors on the Document server side, probably the situation is related to the integration\DMS.