Docspace: browser , jitsi

I am new to docspace.

I have some (naieve) questions.

[1] Does it run from a browser or do you have to use thje desktop editors to use it?

[2] I beleive it can host jitsi calls? Are these calls SELF hosted (private) in a FOSS deployment ,or, are these calls directed via the corporate jitsi site?

Thanks
Ivan

Hello @ivan

Please find more information about this plugin on GitHub:

Thanks. Im spinning up my own jitsi server using docker too.

So, some additional details:

1. Jitsi plugin v1.0.0 can start a new conversation without need to run self-hosted instance by entering room name in respective field in the plugin and then pressing Start to launch plugin;

2. It can also use your own self-hosted instance - for that you need to define address of your self-hosted Jitsi in Domain field, provide a name for your room and press Start to launch plugin with your self-hosted Jitsi.

3. To run the plugin in browser you will be prompted to grant access to devices’ microphone and camera.

I hope it clarifies the situation.

thanks Constantine,. It does for jitsi.

I also want to run Docspace.

Im running this on ubuntu 22.X

libhiredis0.14:amd64 0.14.0-6
libpq5:amd64 12.20-0ubuntu0.20.04.1
onlyoffice-communityserver 12.5.1.1837
onlyoffice-controlpanel 3.5.0.516
onlyoffice-documentserver 8.1.1-26
onlyoffice-xmppserver 12.0.0.134
postgresql 12+214ubuntu0.1
postgresql-12 12.20-0ubuntu0.20.04.1
postgresql-client 12+214ubuntu0.1
postgresql-client-12 12.20-0ubuntu0.20.04.1
postgresql-client-common 214ubuntu0.1
postgresql-common 214ubuntu0.1
redis-server 6:7.2.2-1rl1~focal1
redis-tools 6:7.2.2-1rl1~focal1

Can I simply run ```
bash docspace-install.sh package

https://helpcenter.onlyoffice.com/installation/docspace-community-install-script.aspx , 

OR WILL THIS BREAK  my running FOSS Onlyoffice?

I see that you are running Workspace already, I’d recommend running DocSpace separately them to avoid conflicts.

If you face any issues with DocSpace installation, please start a new topic or try looking for existing ones. This topic is about Jitsi and I do believe your questions were answered. Closing this topic as solved. Feel free to contact me via PM if I’m wrong.