Critical Bug in Zotero Plugin for ONLYOFFICE

Dear @stefanstavrianos
We have added a bug to internal track system on the described situation (differences in the APA 7th Edition bibliography formatting). We have started working on it. I will update this thread once we have something to share.

1 Like

Thank you for your prompt attention to the issue regarding the discrepancies in the APA 7th Edition bibliography formatting. Your commitment to addressing this matter is highly appreciated.

I would like to suggest a potential enhancement for the system. It may be beneficial to synchronize all bibliography styles with the comprehensive repository available at Zotero Styles.

This integration could ensure that the most current and diverse citation styles are readily available for users. Furthermore, I propose the implementation of an automatic update feature within the Zotero plugin. This feature would enable the plugin to automatically incorporate new styles added to Zotero’s repository, thereby maintaining an up-to-date and efficient bibliography management system.

This approach could significantly enhance the user experience by providing a seamless and consistently updated citation tool, aligning with the dynamic nature of academic referencing standards.

For your convenience and reference, the source code for Zotero can be found at Zotero’s GitHub repository, where you can explore its functionalities and potential integrations in depth.

Hello @stefanstavrianos
Thank you for your sharing, we are looking into it. I will update this thread once we have something.

1 Like

Hello @stefanstavrianos

I’d like to inform you that we have registered a suggestion to enhance functionality of Zotero plugin that is related to the styles of citation and bibliography. This is quite a task and might take some time to implement the changes as they rely not only on changes in the plugin itself but also on changes in the editors too.

Thank you very much for your contribution. Once any news come up, we will surely notify you.

1 Like

Hello @Alexandre

Thank you very much for your time. Have a nice time.

Hello @Constantine ,

I hope this message finds you well.

Following up on our previous correspondence, I am writing to inquire about the progress regarding the enhancement of the Zotero plugin, specifically related to the citation and bibliography styles. As it has been a few months, I am keen to know if there have been any developments or if a timeline for the implementation of these changes has been established.

Thank you for your attention to this matter. I look forward to your update.

Dear @stefanstavrianos
We thank you for reporting issues in this thread. We are actively working to fix them. However, the work is still in progress and we are not ready to provide ETA at the moment.
Please accept our sincere apologies for the length of the situation. We will update this thread once we have something to share.

1 Like

Dear @Alexandre,

Thank you for your prompt response and for acknowledging the issues reported in this thread. I appreciate your dedication to resolving these matters and understand that the work is still in progress.

I understand the complexities involved and the necessity of time for a thorough resolution. I appreciate your transparency and look forward to the updates when more information is available.

Thank you for your continued efforts.

1 Like