Control panel backup not available

Community Server version: 12.1.1194
Control Panel version: 3.5.421
Document Server version: 7.2.0.204
Type of installation of Workspace: exe
Browser version: All
After upgrade of Control Panel to vv 3.5.421, I can no longer access settings for Backup, Restore or Storage.
Backup and Restore give the message “Error while fwetching Data”
Storage is greyed out and spins with message “Please Wait”
Control Panel log shows the error:
“error: http://localhost/api/2.0/settings/storage/s3/regions.json Unexpected token  in JSON at position 0”
How do I get past this to backup my files?

Hello @tbredemeyer

Please specify how did you update Control Panel exactly? Additionally, please provide logs of Workspace, on windows they are located in C:\Program Files (x86)\Ascensio System SIA\ControlPanel\Log\ by default.

By the way, version of Document Server is also outdated, please update it too to the actual version.

Method was to download “ONLYOFFICE_ControlPanel_Win-install.v3.5.421.exe” and “Run as Administrator”
Community Server, Document Server and XMPP server are all out of date. I will upgrade them when I know I have a working Control Panel and can backup the system.

ControlPanelLogs_10-2023.xlsx (40.9 KB)

Mind if I ask where did you download installer? Was it a part of any kind of guide on how to update?

In the Control Panel, under Update, I clicked the download button.

Please archive all logs from mentioned directory as an archive and share it with me for analysis.

By the way, do you have server backup or snapshot to rollback to previous state? Also, can you remember what was previous version of Control Panel?

Hi. I have a similar problem. Reinstalling the panel didn’t help me. Please help!

Hi. I have a similar problem. Reinstalling the panel didn’t help me. Please help!

Log: 2024-02-08 08:43:02 - error: http://localhost/api/2.0/settings/storage/s3/regions.json Unexpected token  in JSON at position 0

Hello @RobertChmura

Please provide versions of all installed components. You can find in Control Panel > Update tab.

Additionally, please perform next steps and share the result:

1. Access Backup tab via browser;
  2. Open browser console (F12);
  3. Reload the page (F5);
  4. Check Network and Console tabs for any errors.

If you find any, please make screenshots and share them.

Thank you for contacting us

Hi. I have a similar problem. Reinstalling the panel di
web.controlpanel.07-03.log (9.3 KB)

dn’t help me. Please help!

Hello @soni

Please provide some more information about your portal:

• installation type of Workspace;
  • versions of all Workspace components (you can find those in Update section of Control Panel);
  • type and version of OS where Workspace is installed.

In general, can you access the portal? Does it work correctly overall, i.e. besides the issue with Control Panel and backup?

Hello!
Everything works besides creating a backup and recovery in the control panel.
This appeared after recovery from a backup and moving to a new system.
Windows server 2022 (21H1-20348.643) standart х64

These are quite outdated versions, did you create backup on the server with these versions or this is new portal where you restored the backup? I just want to understand if both portals are running on the same versions or not.

This is a new server. I restored here from a backup, but I tried to restore different versions and the result is the same. Is there a way to make a backup of the control of the control?

Do you have both servers active right now? It might be better to update both portals and then try to migrate again.

If you have such option, please create snapshots or backups of both servers (not portals) so that you can rollback in case of unexpected issues.

Thanks for all help! I will solve the problem.

1 Like

I hope it will help. Keep us posted about the process and let us know if you face any difficulties.