Conditional formatting and table breaks the document

Hello,

When using a conditional formatting with a table (named range) as the “Apply to” value (such as =Table1[Col1]) the auto-save breaks and the editor crashes (interaction with the spreadsheet is still possible, but the ruban is totally unusable, greyed-out). Saving and exiting the editor is impossible.

How to reproduce :
1 - Create a table from “insert/Table” with headers
2 - Create a conditional formatting (any type)
3 - Use a formula for the value of “Apply to” such as “Table1[Col_name]”
4 - Enjoy the crash
5 - Kill the process, no bug will persist when relauching OnlyOffice (autosave failed, so the document is still usable, even though some minutes of work could be lost)

onlyoffice-desktopeditors version 7.0.2-1 community edition (from manjaro repositories)

Cheers

1 Like

Hello @adddd
Could you please provide us with videofile where you are reproducing the issue. I have tried to reproduce the issue, but probably I did it in the wrong way.

Peek 2022-04-11 12-53

Hello,
I dont know if it’s explicit enough. At the end, the soft is unresponsive (and ends up freezing) when the autosave fires

1 Like

You mentioned that “the ruban is totally unusable, greyed-out”. I didn’t notice that something greyed=out on the provided video. Could you please point me to the issue (probably mark on the screenshot)

Hi Alexandre,
I have the same issue. When I set conditional formatting on table it crashes. Please check the screenshot:

ONLYOFFICE Desktop Editors version: 7.5.1.23 (x64 msi)

Hello @realsonic
Could you please share the file from your screenshot? I have tried to reproduce the issue, but without success.

Hi @Alexandre,
since I cannot upload a file here (“Sorry, new users can not upload attachments.”), please find it here.
The file is saved just after working conditional formatting:

But when I change it to the following it cannot be saved anymore (since “An error occurred: Sorry, new users can only put one embedded media item in a post.”, please find the screenshot here).

Hello @realsonic
Thank you for the file, we are checking the situation.

Dear @realsonic
Thank you for provided details! We have found a bug in the mentioned scenario. We have started working on it.
I will update this thread once we release a fix for it.

1 Like

@Hi Alexandre,
Cool! Am looking forward to a fix. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello @realsonic
We just have released Document server v.8.0 which contains a fix for previously described issue.

1 Like

Hi @Alexandre!
I’m using only Desktop Editors, does this fix apply to it as well?

Hello @realsonic
That’s right, Desktop Editors v.8.0 contains this fix as well.

1 Like