COMBIN function in Spreadsheet Editor

Report a bug
OS version: Windows 10 Pro
App version: 7.1.1.57
Downloaded from: ONLYOFFICE website

The COMBIN function in spreadsheet editor is malfunctioning because:
COMBIN(0, 0) = COMBIN(n, 0) = 1, not #NUM!
and COMBIN(n, k) = 0, if k > n, not #NUM!

Hello @takacs.janos1026

Thanks providing the information.
We are checking the situation. I will update this thread once I have something to share.

Hello again @takacs.janos1026

Thanks for reporting this bug. We have added it into our internal bug tracker under the number 60549.
Apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Hello again @harzer99

This bug was fixed in the newly released version 7.5 of Desktop Editors. Please update your application and check situation.

We are looking forward to your feedback.

Hello again

COMBIN(n, 0) = 1 is works fine now, thanks, but

COMBIN(n, k) = 0, if k > n, not #NUM!

This is expected behavior as I know. For example, if you insert =COMBIN(10,11) in MS Excel it will also return #NUM!.

Just because it works badly in MS Office, it could still work well in OnlyOffice. This is the mathematical definition of a combination:

Do you know any editors where this formula works with given condition? I’ve also checked several other editors and all of them show similar error.

I don’t understand why it’s good for you guys to implement a math function incorrectly, not a spreadsheet function?
If you don’t copy the bugs, yours can only be better. Only in this case the function has a value of 0.
Now you have to write this in every editor to make the Combin function work as it should:
=IF(n>k, combin(n,k), 0)

We will discuss your suggestion and I will provide a feedback afterwards.

I’d like to inform you that we have registered your suggestion to make COMBIN function to result in 0 when second argument is bigger than the first one. Unfortunately, I cannot provide any approximate dates on when this suggestion would be implemented.

Hello @takacs.janos1026

I have to inform you that suggestion to make COMBIN function to result in 0 when second argument is bigger than the first one, unfortunately, cannot be implemented. Besides the fact that #NUM! is the expected result in most popular editors, also because it breaks compatibility with other editors due to change of the calculation scheme of the function.

We appreciate your interest to the editors and thank you for your suggestion/report.