Cannot use hotkey Ctrl + C or Ctrl + V when edit shared files Nextcloud

When I edit a shared files from another user, even thought with full rights , I cannot use hotkeys Ctrl + C (copy content within that sheet) and Ctrl + V (paste to another cell within that sheet also). I can click the button Copy and Paste to do that function but cannot use hotkeys.
Please help me to solve this problem

Hello @kyledam

Could you provide us more information about this issue:

• version of Document Server;
  • version of Nextcloud;
  • version of Nextcloud connector app.

Waiting for your reply.

My current versions:

• version of Document Server: 7.2.1.34
  • version of Nextcloud: 24.0.6
  • version of Nextcloud connector app: 7.5.6
    Also have error logging from nextcloud
    OCA\DocumentServer\Document\DocumentConversionException: Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property ‘nC’ of undefined DoctRenderer: Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property ‘nC’ of undefined DoctRenderer: Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property ‘nC’ of undefined DoctRenderer: Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property ‘nC’ of undefined DoctRenderer: Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property ‘nC’ of undefined DoctRenderer: Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property ‘nC’ of undefined DoctRenderer:

We tried to reproduce the issue but it did not work out with your versions of Nextcloud, connector app and Document Server.

Please make sure that combinations of Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V keys are working from outside the editor, e.g. from Notepad.
Also refer to this page to find out more information about clipboard usage in the Use basic clipboard operations section:
https://helpcenter.onlyoffice.com/onlyoffice-editors/onlyoffice-spreadsheet-editor/usageinstructions/copypastedata.aspx

I can confirm this is an issue with me as well.
Nextcloud: 24.0.6
Nextcloud connector: 7.5.6
Document server: 7.2.1.34

Hello @kyledam @tman

We have released a new version of the connector app v.7.6.8 for Nextcloud 25 and v.7.5.8 for Nextcloud 24.
https://apps.nextcloud.com/apps/onlyoffice
Please install it and try to reproduce the issue again.

Hello,

reproduced on version
Nextcloud: 24.0.7
Nextcloud connector: 7.5.6

made an update Nextcloud: 25.0.1, the error remained

repeats, on a shared file by someone…
if you add a table yourself, then the key combinations work

Hello @nightrus

This issue was fixed with the release of the Connector app version 7.5.8 for Nextcloud 24 and version 7.6.8 for Nextcloud 25 . Please update your connector and provide us with feedback.

after all updates, versions were used
Nextcloud: 25.0.1
Nextcloud connector: 7.6.8
Document server: 7.2.1.34

the key combination worked only after this file was given permission “allow download”

We are checking the situation.
I will keep you posted about the results.

Hello,
I have the same issue here. It’s been lasting for a few weeks (months ?), I’m not sure since when.

It happens with this configuration :

• Server :
    • Nextcloud 24.0.6
    • Onlyoffice 5.7.8
  • Client :
    • MacOS 12.6
    • Firefox 106.0.5

All the shortcuts involving alt key don’t work, which forbids for example using the letter · for gender-neutral writing (as you see, it works here).

Same problem and still not fixed

Hello @xman

Please specify which versions of Document Sever, Nextcloud and connector app are used as I wasn’t able to reproduce the issue with actual version 8.1.1 of Document Server (Docker), Nextcloud 29 and connector 9.3.0.

Hello @Constantine
I’m using nextcloud 29.0.1.1 and onlyoffice 8.0.1. The click the button Copy and Paste work well but cannot use hotkeys Ctrl + C to copy text inside. Ctrl + V paste old data from other outside (In case use button Copy on document but hotkey Ctrl + V also paste other text from outside)

There is newer version is available, please update it. By the way, what is the installation type of Document Server? Docker, DEB/RPM packages, MSI/EXE?

I use Docker for Document Server. Current many people are online and there are many problems after upgrade version. It’s rick now when upgrade version is out of my control if have any issue druing that. I’m finding the way to handle this issue and not sure if upgrade verion can fix it?

@Constantine do you have any solution?

You should prepare backup of the server with Document Server, then you should visit article on how to update from out Help Center if Document Server was installed with official provided script:
https://helpcenter.onlyoffice.com/installation/docs-community-update-docker.aspx

If it was installed manually, then executing documentserver-prepare4shutdown.sh script from mentioned guide will terminate all active editing sessions to prevent any data loss and turn Document Server off. Then you can proceed to manual update.

In case any unexpected issues occur, you will be able to roll server back to its previous state.

1 Like

I had found the cause. It’s a feature, not a bug. For share files, when we decide to tick hide_download=1. It will unable to use hotkey Ctrl+C to protected the file

1 Like

Glad to know, thank you for the feedback.

1 Like