Cannot update Workspace 11.5 on Debian 10 using DEB packages

Do you want to: Report a bug

Community Server/Control Panel version: 11.5.4.1582
Type of installation of Workspace: deb
Browser version: Irrelevant

Hello,

I installed OnlyOffice on Debian 10 a couple years ago, using the deb option:

bash workspace-install.sh -ims false

I waited a while because at the time OnlyOffice did not support Debian 11.

Now, prior to updating the OS, i wanted to update OnlyOffice to the latest version using the latest version of the script and the following command:

bash workspace-install.sh -u true -skiphc true -ims false

This is where it blocks at the mono gpg key:

#######################################

INSTALL PREREQUISITES

#######################################

Hit:1 hxxp://security.debian.org/debian-security buster/updates InRelease
Hit:2 hxxp://deb.debian.org/debian buster InRelease
Hit:3 hxxp://repo.mysql.com/apt/debian buster InRelease
Hit:4 hxxp://deb.debian.org/debian buster-updates InRelease
Hit:5 hxxp://ftp.uk.debian.org/debian buster InRelease
Hit:6 hxxp://download.onlyoffice.com/repo/debian squeeze InRelease
Hit:7 hxxps://d2nlctn12v279m.cloudfront.net/repo/mono/ubuntu bionic InRelease
Hit:8 hxxps://artifacts.elastic.co/packages/7.x/apt stable InRelease
Get:9 hxxps://deb.nodesource.com/node_12.x buster InRelease [4,584 B]
Hit:10 hxxp://nginx.org/packages/debian buster InRelease
Fetched 4,584 B in 2s (2,453 B/s)
Reading package lists… Done
Generating locales (this might take a while)…
fr_FR.UTF-8… done
Generation complete.
deb [signed-by=/usr/share/keyrings/mono-official-stable.gpg] hxxps://download.mono-project.com/repo/debian stable-buster/snapshots/6.8.0.123 main
gpg: CRC error; EF0B94 - E39330
gpg: read_block: read error: Invalid keyring
gpg: Total number processed: 0
root@srv-onlyoffice:~# ls

I diagnosed and troubleshooted the script to halt at this particular line in install-preq.sh:

gpg --no-default-keyring --keyring gnupg-ring:/usr/share/keyrings/mono-official-stable.gpg --keyserver hkp://keyserver.ubuntu.com:80 --recv-keys 3FA7E0328081BFF6A14DA29AA6A19B38D3D831EF

I tried deleting the file /usr/share/keyrings/mono-official-stable.gpg and running the command manually and this is the error I get (the same as in the script):

root@srv-onlyoffice:/usr/share/keyrings# gpg --no-default-keyring --keyring gnupg-ring:/usr/share/keyrings/mono-official-stable.gpg --keyserver hkp://keyserver.ubuntu.com:80 --recv-keys 3FA7E0328081BFF6A14DA29AA6A19B38D3D831EF
gpg: erreur de CRC ; EF0B94 - E39330
gpg: read_block: read error: Invalid keyring
gpg: Quantité totale traitée : 0

The mono-official-stable.gpg is empty, having a zero size.

I do not understand what can go wrong, my firewall does allow outbound traffic to this server so something is fishy here.

Can anyone help?

(i removed the http links in my text because apparently they are not allowed for new users)

Hello @chojin

Try re-downloading the script from the guide that you’ve used to install Workspace before and then attempting to update.

Please perform server backup/snapshot before proceeding to the update so in case of unexpected issues you can rollback.

Alternatively you can try updating via Control Panel:
https://helpcenter.onlyoffice.com/administration/control-panel-update.aspx

Hello,

Thank you for your reply.

Maybe my post did not make that clear, but I retrieved the latest “workspace-install.sh” at the time (so 3 days ago), and this is what made the error.

Did you change anything since 3 days ago? It looks like it’s the same version as the one i downloaded on 15/09/2023.

About the control panel option, this update option is not available, since it is only available when using docker install. I used DEB packages install.

Kind regards.

Hello @chojin
If you don’t mind, I will join this thread too.
I’m not sure that the described situation is related to Workspace, but your OS in general. Could you please run a test? Please try to use different key and let us know the result:

rm -rf /usr/share/keyrings/mono-official-stable.gpg
gpg --no-default-keyring --keyring gnupg-ring:/usr/share/keyrings/mono-official-stable.gpg --keyserver hkp://keyserver.ubuntu.com:80 --recv-keys A6A19B38D3D831EF