Cannot edit documents on example server

Hi everyone! I just installed OnlyOffice document server via docker. Installation went well, I can access the welcome page of OnlyOffice and started the test example server to see what it looks like. However, when I open a document, I am first faced with a long document loading and then with the error message “The file cannot be accessed right now”.

Any help on this to resolve the issue?

Document server version: Version: 8.0.1-31
Type of installation of the Document Server : Docker
Browser version: Firefow 125.0.2

Hello @saifulslm09

Please provide a link to the guide that you’ve followed to install Document Server.

Additionally provide logs of Document Server for analysis. In Docker installation logs are located in /var/log/onlyoffice/documentserver/ directory. Also check browser console for any error entries when opening a document for editing. Best practice is:

1. Open a document for editing via integrated test example;
  2. Wait until page is completely loaded and error prompts;
  3. Open browser console by pressing F12 button;
  4. Reload the page with opened browser console;
  5. Make screenshot of any error entries found in Console tab.

Hi Constantine,

Thanks for your comment.

I have resolved the access issue on example server.

I follow this guide: Installing ONLYOFFICE Docs for Docker on a local server - ONLYOFFICE

I resolved it as follows:

1. modify /etc/default/docker file to use internal DNS server to resolve internal domain name.

2. As it is internal certificate, so the edit page is still giving error. Message box shows “Download failed”.

I checked the log:
tail -f /var/log/onlyoffice/documentserver/docservice/out.log

it shows, “Error: unable to verify the first certificate”

Switch off ssl verification in /etc/onlyoffice/documentserver/default.json, i.e. search for entry “rejectUnauthorized”, change the value from true to false and restart the services by using: “sudo supervisorctl restart all”

Now I can access the editor page.

I will ask a different question. May be I need to open another topic question. I would like to map my host machine 8443 to onlyoffice 443 port. Is it possible?

Thanks.

I am glad to know that you’ve managed to resolved the issue by yourself.

You are correct, please create separate thread for this question to avoid mixing up different topics in one thread. I am closing this thread as solved.