Cannot delete whitespaces using physical keyboard

ONLYOFFICE Mobile: Documents
Do you want to: Report a bug

When editing a Text document or Presentation, after entering whitespaces, it is unable to delete them with the backspace key when using the external keyboard. The delete button also doesn’t function, therefore the only way to edit a document is entering new text.

In Spreadsheets, keyboard works as expected (using standard android text input widget?)

I tried configuring to use SwiftKey soft keyboard, and whenever that is selected AND the physical keyboard is used, every word is capitalized. It seems like to me that after pressing space in onlyoffice, the soft keyboard in the background thinks that a new sentence is starting, and therefore Gboard doesn’t let delete text back, while SwiftKey capitalizes the next word.

Note that this or anything similar does not happen to any other apps.

Device: Lenovo Tab P11 Pro
OS version: Android 10 (kernel 4.14.117-perf+) (build TB-J706F_S250260_210804_ROW)
App version: 5.1.1 (9 Jun 2021 from Google Play)
Mode: On Device
Soft keyboard: GBoard (stock)
Physical keyboard: Lenovo Keyboard Pack for Tab P11 Pro

Hello kmarc.

Sorry for the late reply. It took us a while to check the situation.

When editing a Text document or Presentation, after entering whitespaces, it is unable to delete them with the backspace key when using the external keyboard. The delete button also doesn’t function, therefore the only way to edit a document is entering new text.

We added a bug for this behaviour (bug number - 52649). We started the investigation. As soon as the solution is found, we’ll add a fix to one of the next version of Android app.

I tried configuring to use SwiftKey soft keyboard, and whenever that is selected AND the physical keyboard is used, every word is capitalized

In the SwiftKey settings for the physical keyboard, please try to turn off the Auto capitalize setting, this way It should be OK (normal input of each word with a small letter).