Can OnlyOfficeViewer Loads File Content By Scrollbar Position?

Hi,
I’m using on-prem MS excel web viewer and the viewer loads file content by scroll position. Is that possible with OnlyOffice? How can i configure like that?
Thank you.

msexcel

Hello @teetse
I’m not sure that I understand the request right. The current behavior of Document server is download and open entire file for editing: ONLYOFFICE Api Documentation - Opening File
When the file opens for the first time, the editor can download fonts and scripts. But all file data will be download to editor anyway.
Do I understand it right that you want to ‘stream’ file data to the editor (editor doesn’t load all data when a user opened a file, but download it while the user works with the file)? Please describe your idea as detailed as possible.

I am working with very large excel files. As I can see, OnlyOffice loads file data in a single response (Editor.bin).
The problem starts here for me. At this point I need lazy loading and virtual scroll features.

Requirement: The number of rows to fit on the client’s screen is calculated and only these rows are requested from the document server. As the scroll changes, new rows are calculated and they are requested from the document server.

Big size file data is taking too long to load with OnlyOffice, in my case.
I’m new to OnlyOffice. I’d be appreciated if you have any suggestions. Thanks.

Thank you for your description, we are checking provided scenario.

1 Like

Hello @teetse
One more time, thank you for your detailed description.
We don’t have any plans to implement such feature at the moment. But we noted your suggestion. Probably, one day we will take a closer look at it again.
Sorry for inconvenience.

1 Like