Bug report for spreadsheet, horizonal scrolling goes diagonally

Bug report, presumably applies to paid and unpaid licenses: Scrolling sideways in spreadsheet desktop app (linux and windows) is scrolling not just sideways, but also vertically, so in effect, scrolling diagonally.

to further clarify:
expected behaviour: scrolling horizonlly with either a mouse on a secondary scroll wheel or on touchpad with two fingers are expected to scroll the spreadsheet horizontally, as it works with no issues scrolling vertically.

observed: spreadsheet scrolls diagonally.

OS version: win 10 as well as ubuntu 20.04
App version: ONLYOFFICE Desktop Editors version 7.2.1.36
Downloaded from: ONLYOFFICE website for win 10 / SNAP for ubuntu 20.04

Hello @jbj

We are checking the situation. I will update this thread once there is something to share.

1 Like

Hello again @jbj

I am very sorry for being missing for quite a while.
It took some time to dive into the issue and as a result we have created bug report number 60423 in our internal tracker. Unfortunately, we do not have estimated date of the fix release for now.
Apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Hi, I just want to append that this issue also affects your onlyoffice Docker Document Server connected to nextcloud. Thanks for registering the bug, look forward to be able to scroll horizontally.

1 Like

I have the same behavior on Mac with version 7.3.3 (touchpad with 2 fingers).

Hello, Constantine!
The same BUG on Win11.
When scrolling 2 fingers horizontally - it make scrolling diagonally.

I found Temporary solution - is to press SHIFT button and Scroll with Touchpad - it goes Horizontally only.

1 Like

Hello @Kroc @OlegLitvinenko

Unfortunately, this issue hasn’t been fixed yet. I will update this thread once we have something to share.

I still have the same issue, still using @OlegLitvinenko temporary solution to mitigate the problem.

OS: Fedora Linux 38 (Workstation Edition) with Gnome 44.5 and kernel 6.5.8-200.fc38.x86_64
App version: ONLYOFFICE Desktop Editors version 7.5
Downloaded from: Flathub (dl.flathub.org) via Gnome Software

Hello @henrique_cecconi

Unfortunately, this issue hasn’t been fixed yet. Sorry for inconvenience.

Try holding shift while scrolling. It works for me in the spreadsheet app.

1 Like