App stuck after S3 integration: Migration is in progress

Do you want to: Report a bug

Community Server/Control Panel version: default
Type of installation of Workspace (docker, deb/rpm, exe): DigitalOcean 1-Click
Browser version: Chrome 110.0.5481.177

I installed a new instance of OnlyOffice workspace using DigitalOcean’s official 1-Click deployment option for OnlyOffice (ONLYOFFICE Workspace | DigitalOcean Marketplace 1-Click App).

Immediately after installing, i went to the Control Panel and set up https.

After that, i set up the S3 integration, using this guide Connecting third-party storages - ONLYOFFICE, and then using this: Data backup and restore in the cloud version - ONLYOFFICE

That’s when the Workspace became inaccessible and went into a loop:

It has been several hours since then, but still no change!

I have even restarted the Droplet.

Also, i don’t see any file in the S3 bucket, so the migration process doesn’t seem to be working.

How to resolve this issue?

@staff ?

Hello @shrey
Please clarify the exact issue scenario. Did you try to create the portal backup? Or did you try to change portal storage?

Change the portal storage.

We’re checking the situation. I will update this thread when we have something to share.

1 Like

@shrey
We’ve checked the situation. All things run OK.
Let’s focus on your installation and exact steps which you performed.
Please provide us with additional information:

1. Please provide us with Community server and Control Panel logs folders.
  2. Please clarify the exact data you have set up for external storage (region, bucket, etc.)
  3. Please run a test: try to create the backup to external S3 storage. Will this action be successful?

How can we revert to the default storage by command line or other?

My enterprise is also stuck after selecting Google Cloud and it will not be successful so how can I stop the stuck migration and revert it back to default storage without having to completewly reinstall everything?

1 Like

Hello @AsylumServe
Sorry for the late reply. Do you still observe described issue? Please open browser console (F12 in Google Chrome) and show us error entries in Console and Network tabs. Also please provide us with whole Community server logs folder.

I have re-imaged my server, but I can intentionally reproduce the issue by performing the change to the storage location.

I’ll save a backup image before hand and provide the requested information.

Yes, we need details and logs to check out the situation. We will be waiting for the information from your side.

I am facing the same problem now. as you see, there is nothing wrong in the browser console

also, I checked this folder: /app/onlyoffice/CommunityServer/logs/, but it is not created in my container.
by the way, my community service is running with docker.

please download my logs file via this link: http://down.yanxuc.com/CommunityServer_fTxBit.zip
TKS.

Hello @zuantou
Please show us the exact settings you have set up for external storage and try to create a backup to S3 storage. Will it be successful?
Additionally, please point me to the guide that you used for Workspace installation and docker ps command output result from the terminal.

I am having the same issue, Tried to setup an s3 backup then the server started migrating. Is there a way to revert this change from the cmd, the server is hosted on ubuntu?

Hello @odofad
Please clarify the situation. Have you tried to save backup (Control Panel > Backup) to AWS S3 storage, but the portal started data migration process? or did you just start migration process by mistake (Control Panel > Storage)?
Please make screenshots of these pages and clarify the situation, and your portal components versions as well.