Add hotkey for spellcheck

Suggest a feature.

Please add a hotkey for spell checker. Now I have to look for all errors manually, and if the document is large, it takes a lot of time. That’s why I need a hotkey, on pressing which the first word with an error was found down from the cursor, on pressing the hotkey again the next word was found and so on. Also, it would be desirable to open a menu with a choice of correct words at once, but this can be done optionally.

OS version: Win7 x64
App version: 7.4.1

Hello @ED_Sln

Can you share an app that allows you use spellchecker ‘per click’ for the reference?

Frankly, I think it is easier to have it enabled or disabled than clicking a button to show just one incorrect word. If you want to enable spellchecking you can:

• click the Spell checking image icon on the status bar;
  • open the File tab of the top toolbar, select the Advanced Settings option, check the Turn on spell checking option box and click the Apply button.

All in all, you can read more information about Spell-checking in document editor here:
https://helpcenter.onlyoffice.com/onlyoffice-editors/onlyoffice-document-editor/helpfulhints/spellchecking.aspx

Hello.

No, I mean a hotkey to find the first word with an error, similar to pressing F7 in MS Word. For example I open a document, press the hotkey (F7) and it should show the first word with an error, pressing F7 again will show the next word with an error and so on.

I see, thank you for clarification.
We will discuss it internally and I will inform you about the result.

Thank You.

We have registered an enhancement to add such key shortcut, it will be added in one of the future releases of Desktop Editors. Unfortunately, we do not have any esimated dates for it yet.

Thank you very much. That’s okay, I’ll wait for the new version.

Is this feature available in any of the recent Developer Server yet? we are a user of Developer server, please advise!

Hello @qzhang

Unfortunately, this suggestion is not yet implemented. Sorry for inconvenience.

@constantine Thank you for the confirmation, in anyways we can know an ETA? this feature is becoming a gating factor for us.

I have no information about ETA, unfortunately.

It still does not efficiently allow correct spelling (?). How do I for example to correct all the matches of the document? Correcting letters one by one is a nightmare :cry:

Hello @Cabus
Please clarify your suggestion. The current logic of spell-checker that it provides a several options for the marked word. So, a user should manually decide what option to use for a specific word. From this point of view, auto running the spell-checker correction could introduce issues in the file (incorrect corrections).
Please clarify if I misunderstand the situation.

It’s simple, like all word processors, where pressing F7 usually opens the spelling and grammar checker. This allows you to correct hundreds of spelling mistakes throughout the entire document with just a click, instead of going word by word, which would be impractical at all.

Hello @Cabus
Understood, we are working on this feature already. We will update this topic when we have something to share.

1 Like