A request to the developers of OnlyOffice DesKtopEditors

Hello!
This is my request to the developers of OnlyOffice DesKtopEditors.
In version 7.1 in text documents (docx), you added the ability to search and replace special characters (line break, tab, page break, and others).
I ask you to add a space (^w) and a paragraph ending character to the special characters that can be used for replacement.
Best regards, Sergei.

Hello @Sergey
It’s possible to find ‘any space’ by ^w. Please check it out, ‘Special character’ title: Search and Replace Function - ONLYOFFICE
As for paragraph ending character, we need some time to discuss it internally. I will update this post when we get any news.

As for paragraph ending character, we need some time to discuss it internally. I will update this post when we get any news.

We have added this request to internal tracksystem (internal number - 57002). We have started working on it.

Hello Alexandre!
Thank you for your support, but I would like to be able to SEARCH AND REPLACE the space (^w) and paragraph ending characters. This is useful if we want automatically remove extra spaces and empty paragraphs in the text.

Hello @Sergey
As for the space (^w) search and replace, you already can do it. Please check my test: Monosnap
As for paragraph ending character, we are working on it. I will update this post when we have something to share.

I need to remove extra spaces, that is, to replace several consecutive spaces with one. OnlyOffice does not allow to do this (see the picture). This feature is implemented in the Notepad++, AkelPad, MS Office. The same is done for empty paragraphs.

Probably we have workaround solution for you. In the Find tab set ^w^w as you did it before, but in the second one just hit spacebar. This way you can replace double-space with space.

About the issue in general, we are using the same find&replace logic as MS, I mean that you can’t use ^w character in replace tab there.

1 Like

Thank you very much for your help! I hope that in the next release of OnlyOffice it will be possible to delete empty paragraphs in the same way.

1 Like