Originally published at: https://www.onlyoffice.com/blog/2022/07/12th-birthday-of-onlyoffice/
Today ONLYOFFICE turns 12. Taking this occasion, we are eager to say a big thanks to you, our dear users, partners, contributors, and everyone involved! Learn about our latest achievements and changes, and take your chance to get some awesome gifts.
ONLYOFFICE from Latvia to the world
During the last year our team grew both in numbers and geographic reach. For now, the ONLYOFFICE project counts:
- 200+ employees in more than 30 countries
- 260+ community translators
- 580+ contributors on Upwork
- 150+ beta testers
Along with our headquarters in Latvia and office departments in the UK and USA, we have new offices in Singapore, Armenia, and Uzbekistan.
Many developers are now located in Uzbekistan, sales team – in Singapore, and the Armenian office became home for a new customer care team.
Our marketing team is now truly international with Mike working from Georgia, Elena – from Italy, Vincent – from China, Klaibson – from Brazil, our trusted media agencies Medienstürmer from Munich, Germany, DAG Communication from Milan, Italy, and Techworks Asia from Hong Kong, China.
Would like to join ONLYOFFICE team? Take a look at our list of available vacancies. Who knows, maybe a dream job is already waiting for you!
With such an international team, we can take part in various interesting events around the world to share experiences and get valuable feedback:
- Codecon Digital for developers (Brazil)
- ownCloud Conference organized by our partners ownCloud (Germany)
- API Conference Berlin (Germany)
- FOSSCOMM (Greece)
- GNOME Asia Summit (Kuala Lumpur)
- CS3 Workshop organized by CERN (Italy/Denmark/virtual)
- FOSDEM (Brussels, Belgium)
- FOSSASIA Summit (Asia)
- Univention Summit (Bremen, Germany)
- OW2con (France)
- OSC2022 (Japan)
Our partners from Education Cloud presented ONLYOFFICE on big educational exhibitions in Germany and Austria — Interpädagogica, Learntec and Didacta — showing that ONLYOFFICE and EDU Cloud is a strong privacy compliant combo for digital education.
Along with attending international conferences, in January 2022 we organized our first big virtual event devoted to the release of ONLYOFFICE 7.0. The event was successful and aroused great interest among users and press, we had more than 800 registrations and more than 3300 viewers.Florian Stocker from the Medienstürmer agency as event host. Image source: LinkedIn
We also organized ONLYOFFICE WebWeek 2022 in May to announce new product versions and share some useful topics such as building plugins and macros, enhancing security, migrating from Google. You can watch the recordings and read the Q&A in this blog post.
Happy customers all across the globe
The number of our customers is constantly growing. Here are some real success stories from the users from various branches who share their experience and tell how ONLYOFFICE helps them in daily routine:
- Consortium GARR, Italian Research and Education Network.
- Calar Alto Observatory, astrophysics scientific center in Spain.
- Ingenieure ohne Grenzen, non-profit aid organization from Germany.
- Yamaha Motor Solutions from Xiamen, China.
- Turnerschaft 1887 Marktredwitz-Dörflas, local German sports society.
- IMT Atlantique, French engineering school.
- Moderatorenschule Baden-Württemberg, School of Moderators from Germany.
- Goodanimemes, huge online meme community.
- CITIC Group, financial conglomerate from Beijing.
- FIAB Pescarabici, Italian non-profit organization that popularizes cycling and sustainable lifestyle.
Besides, this year ONLYOFFICE joined the 4L Trophy humanitarian adventure to support team 1823 in their charity mission to help children in Morocco.
What’s more, we sponsored JAMHacks 6, the Waterloo’s largest high school hackathon where students all over North America gathered for a weekend of learning and creating.
Highly ranked by you
Thanks to your support, ONLYOFFICE completed 2021 with huge success and accolades from Gartner Digital Markets brands, including Capterra and Software Advice.
We received Gold in our first-time nomination in the Cloud Computing Insider Awards, in the category File Sharing & Collaboration. It was a big win for us and we thank everyone for making this happen!
With no doubts, we appreciate your trust a lot and always do our best to further improve ONLYOFFICE by adding new useful features, integrations, etc.
In March 2022, we celebrated a 10-year anniversary of the first launch of our editors. 10 years passed … Can you believe it?
The hottest enhancement of the last year are the brand-new ONLYOFFICE forms. They are also known as OFORMs and allow you to automate your paperwork routine making it easier to create and fill out model documents, whether it be a legal agreement or business report.
Since our last birthday we also released three big updates for both online and desktop editors:
- ONLYOFFICE Docs v6.4 with conditional formatting and new scaling options / desktop app v6.4 with improved ARM support.
- ONLYOFFICE Docs v7.0 with online forms and password protection in spreadsheets / Desktop Editors v7.0 with new launch mode, integration with kDrive and Liferay.
- ONLYOFFICE Docs v7.1 with ARM compatibility, upgraded PDF viewer, print preview / Desktop Editors v7.1 with accelerated performance and full language support for macOS.
ONLYOFFICE mobile apps for working with docs on the go – ONLYOFFICE Documents – also got several updates:
- v5.2 for Android with Single Sign-On, kDrive integration, and spell-checking.
- v6.6 for iOS with connection to OneDrive and kDrive and password recovery.
- v5.3 for Android and v7.0 for iOS with form filling.
- v5.4 for Android with connection to Google Drive and page layout customization.
- v7.1 for iOS with new authentication options, improved shapes, and regional settings in spreadsheets.
Moreover, we released a new ONLYOFFICE Projects app for Android that allows managing your tasks and tracking current workload on the go.
The new version of our collaboration platform – ONLYOFFICE Workspace 12.0 – comes with new sharing settings, IMAP, WebDAV server, CardDAV address books, and more.
Besides, we considerably upgraded ONLYOFFICE Personal to make your work with documents in the personal office even faster and more comfortable.
More distribution formats and markets
Our goal is to make ONLYOFFICE available for every user, so we are always extending the number of distribution formats and packages.
Moreover, MinisForum and Manjaro officially launched Mini PC UM350 where ONLYOFFICE desktop app is the default office suite of the pre-installed system.
A lot has been done in the integrations development – both internal and external ones.
Thus, we added new plugins: Jitsi and Rainbow for making audio and video calls right in the editors, Draw.io for creating, editing, and inserting various types of diagrams into your document, Doc2md for quickly converting text document to Markdown.
Among new connectors and integration apps which allow using ONLYOFFICE Docs with other cloud platforms you will find:
- CMS frameworks WordPress, Strapi, and Drupal.
- Issue trackers Jira and Redmine.
- E-learning platform Moodle.
- WOPI integrations FileCloud and OpenKM.
- New partner integrations Le Nuage Français, O2OA, FlinkISO, and Quasaro.
We also improved the existing connectors:
- Nextcloud connector with extra sharing permissions, restoring previous versions from the editors, and mentions in comments.
- ownCloud connector with file restoring and support for ownCloud Web.
- ONLYOFFICE and Seafile mobile integration which allows editing docs in our mobile app on Android devices and synchronizing the changes with your Seafile portal.
- Confluence connector compatible with Confluence Data Center.
- Liferay connector with file previews and Force Save and file creation.
- HumHub connector with certificate verification settings and group access restriction.
- Alfresco connector with Version History, document comparison, Mail Merge, and connection to the demo server.
- Chamilo connector with viewing permissions and JWT support.
ONLYOFFICE birthday balloon hunt
Catch one of the 12 balloons on this special birthday page and find a gift hidden inside. Then, just follow the instruction in the memo to get your prize.
Among hidden gifts you can find discounts on ONLYOFFICE products and training courses, additional disk space, and other special offers.
Please note: One user can only catch one balloon a day. The offer is valid till 18 July 2022.
Free ONLYOFFICE Home Server
Participate in our “Happy Birthday” contest in Twitter to get a free Home Server license*.
It allows you to use self-hosted ONLYOFFICE Docs within CMS frameworks (WordPress, Strapi, Drupal), collaboration platforms (Nextcloud, ownCloud, Seafile, Confluence, Alfresco), issue trackers (Jira, Redmine), e-learning solutions (Moodle, Chamilo, HumHub), and other services.
*Intended for non-commercial use, for 10 users maximum.
We have something on our wish list
It’s a great honor for us that for the second time in a row ONLYOFFICE is nominated for the Cloud Computing Insider Award in the category Cloud Content Management.
The Insider IT-Awards is an annual readers’ choice powered by Vogel IT-Medien, one of the most prominent publishers and event organizers for information technology in Germany.
After our common big win in 2021, we would really appreciate your support and votes this year!
The voting form is available in German, please use this instruction in case you need assistance.