Segmentation Fault when running under Linux with tiling window manager

I installed the DEB package and tried to run it from terminal. For a split second application window appear then I see the error:

$ onlyoffice-desktopeditors
QLayout: Attempting to add QLayout “” to CTabBarWrapper “tabWrapper”, which already has a layout
Segmentation fault

How can I run the OnlyOffice?

OS version: Linux Debian 11
WM: Spectrwm 3.4.1
App version: 7.2.1-36 amd64
Downloaded from: ONLYOFFICE website

Hello @Zaxon

Sorry for the late reply.
Can you record a vide with demonstration of the problem so we could test it please? Or provide a detailed step-by-step scenario on how to.

I did the following steps:

gpg --no-default-keyring --keyring gnupg-ring:/tmp/onlyoffice.gpg --keyserver hkp://keyserver.ubuntu.com:80 --recv-keys CB2DE8E5
chmod 644 /tmp/onlyoffice.gpg
sudo chown root:root /tmp/onlyoffice.gpg
sudo mv /tmp/onlyoffice.gpg /etc/apt/trusted.gpg.d/
echo 'deb https://download.onlyoffice.com/repo/debian squeeze main' | sudo tee -a /etc/apt/sources.list.d/onlyoffice.list
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install onlyoffice-desktopeditors
desktopeditors

This returned the following:

$ desktopeditors
QLayout: Attempting to add QLayout "" to CTabBarWrapper "tabWrapper", which already has a layout
Segmentation fault

The program version was:

$ desktopeditors --version
ONLYOFFICE Desktop Editors ver. 7.2.1.36

Here is also link to the video from my window manager when running Onlyoffice:
https://youtu.be/elOeFFTrwwU

Kind regards,
Zaxon

Thank you very much for the provided information.
We are checking the situation. I will update this thread once I have something to share.

To get better understanding of the problem please share additional information:

• can you share some details on the tiling window manager that you are using?
  • can you confirm that you are not using KDE/Gnome desktop environment?
  • how did you install your OS?

Looking forward to your reply.

1. The tiling window manager is spectrwm which I installed from debian repository:
$ apt search spectrwm
Sorting... Done
Full Text Search... Done
spectrwm/stable,now 3.4.1-1+b1 amd64 [installed]
  dynamic tiling window manager

Here is more info about it on the Github page

1. No, I do not use KDE/Gnome. In past I was using Mate desktop environment, but I replaced it to tiling window manager as I did not use the desktop and needed better performance and battery life on my laptop.
  1. I downloaded the ISO of Debian 10, made bootable USB stick then I use the installer to install it. Later on I made distro upgrade to Debian 11.

If you have any way to collect more debug information, then let me know how I can do this in order to give you more details.

Kind regards,
Zaxon

We are checking the situation. I will update this thread once I have something to share.

Unfortunately, Desktop Editors app is not adapted to work with mentioned spectrwm window manager, so to use it I’d recommend you to install KDE or Gnome.

Luckily for me it is working under BSPWM another tiling window manager and I am migrating to it.

Anyway, thanks for checking.

1 Like