How to compile OnlyOffice Docs and customize it

I want to install and customize OnlyOffice Docs Community edition, but cannot find the guide how to do it. Can someone point me to one? I want to try it on Windows if possible or else Ubuntu would be fine eitherway

The documentation is here: Compiling ONLYOFFICE Docs for a local server.

Is there one for windows as well?

@chris is there a similar one for windows?

I don’t know, if you haven’t been able to find one on the Help Center then perhaps not :man_shrugging: .

That’s right. We didn’t test compile scenario on Windows, there’s guide for Linux only. @OnlyOfficeTester if you are independent integrator, you can install Document server in regular ways (docker, packages, exe) and use this title to customize editor view: ONLYOFFICE Api Documentation - Config
If I misunderstood your request, please clarify it.

2 Likes

Hi, I am having some trouble compiling from source,
Where is this run.bat file located? from the Readme of https://github.com/ONLYOFFICE/server/tree/547924b3b8716a9b74d4ca428038a5bd62e428a8

It seems compiling on windows is possible, just I have to figure out how. However any sort of guide would have been very helpful… Did anyone just never compiled Onlyoffice Docs on a windows machine?

I’m not sure that we can assist you here since we didn’t test compile scenario on Windows and we cannot predict possible issues which you might face.

I see. Although I can test it as a contributor if you need, since installing a Linux system just to compile and use a software doesn’t seem very good thing to me.
Thanks.

Sure, you can contribute as a tester. I would like to suggest you to check out this title and contact colleagues of mine:ONLYOFFICE Testing - ONLYOFFICE

1 Like

Oh, thanks. One quick question, Does this mean I can get a discount on enterprise edition?

Does this mean I can get a discount on enterprise edition?

That’s right. Please contact colleagues of mine by mentioned email address to discuss details.

Sure. Thank you.

1 Like