Font pulldown not available in any of the apps

I just started using OnlyOffice and quickly realized that the pulldown for font selection is non-functional in any of the desktop apps on macOS. By default, Arial shows, but when I go to search for a font in the font field, it will provide the following error message, even when I try to search for Arial:

“The font you are going to save is not available on the current device. The text style will be displayed using one of the system fonts, the saved font will be used when it is available. Do you want to continue?” I select “Yes” and another seemingly-random font will then show as active.

I have checked privacy and allowed full disk access to the app, with no change. OnlyOffice is up to date at 7.2.1

Thanks for any suggestions or thoughts in advance.

Hello @MJS

Please provide more information on this case:

• version of MacOS;
  • a video with demonstration of the issue;
  • information about apps that allow to add fonts (if used).

Also, please check if the fonts are persisting in Font Book app.
Waiting for your feedback.

I am having the same issue. Fonts appear any every other app but not in OnlyOffice

Hello @martyf1

Specify which product you are using and its version and version of MacOS. In addition, provide more information on how did you add new fonts to the system.

I have tested this in different environments and computers. In particular:

Windows 11 Pro (Intel VM): - Fonts work OK

Ubuntu 22.04 (Intel VM): - Fonts work OK

MacOS 14.4 (Intel VM): Fonts work OK but from the base OS it only has Arial

MacOS 13.6.5 (Intel): Only Arial

MacOS: 14.4 (M1): Was only Arial but now started to have more fonts

MacOS 14.4 (M2): Was only Arial but now started to have more fonts

I have not added new fonts to any of the systems.

I do not know what changed why some now work but the Intel Mac does not.

The intel Mac is the 13.6.5.

Only Office is 8.0.1 on all devices.

You are using Desktop Editors, is that correct? I am asking because I didn’t receive direct answer for my previous message.

What was your testing scenario exactly?

Not much to say about that. As I indicated, The fonts do not show on the iMac (Intel) but interestingly in a VM on the same machine they do.

Please provide video demonstration of this behavior for visual reference.

I tried once more with the iMac where the fonts were not showing. I left one of the apps open for a period of time and eventually the fonts appeared.
It seems because I did not use OpenOffice often on the iMac the fonts had not populated.
This seemed odd because they all appeared in every other app pin the computer.
In any case, it is working now so there is no more issue.
Thanks for your time in responding to my concerns

1 Like