Edit is false,but it can still be edited,

Report a bug / Ask a how-to question
Document Server version: 7.4.1
Type of installation of the Document Server (docker, deb/rpm, exe)
Browser version: chrome 118.0.5993.89

As shown in the picture, I set the permission of edit to false, but it can still be edited, not read-only.
By the way, the editor at this time forced review mode to be turned on.

Solved, review also needs to be set to false, but why does review have a higher priority than edit?

Hello @zima

Glad to know that you’ve managed to solve the problem by yourself.
Keep in mind that these are two different modes. This behavior is also described in permission.review parameter:

In case edit is set to “true” and review is also set to “true” , the user will be able to edit the document, accept/reject the changes made and switch to the review mode him/herself. In case edit is set to “true” and review is set to “false” , the user will be able to edit only. In case edit is set to “false” and review is set to “true” , the document will be available in review mode only.

In this case, reviewing mode is not the same as editing mode. Please find more information about Review feature here: Reviewing documents - ONLYOFFICE

Thank you, I have another question: How can I accept all reviews in a Word? Is there any related API?

As I can see, you’ve created a separate topic for this question, thank you for that. Please wait for the response there.
I will close this topic as solved. If you still have any questions in regard of this thread, please feel free to contact me via PM.