Community,Document, Mail Server Docker Synology NAS

So i added the cgroup: host entry and got the same error

Hello @Keith
Please go to the host and check the ip address of Mail Server container (ddocker inspect onlyoffice-mail-server -f '{{ .NetworkSettings.Networks.onlyoffice.IPAddress }}' command). Please make sure that it matches the address on the connection page.
Additionally, please try to specify the container name for this setting instead of ip address.

As for the external portal ip address, please clarify the situation. The screenshot shows successful connection, but it still doesn’t work? You mentioned some issue with your DNS records, could you please provide us with details?
By the way, is case of using external ip address for this setting, it should work as well. However, you probably need to add PTR record to your DNS settings.

As soon as Im able, ill give this a try. I guess im trying to figure out how this works. I know that mail.domainname.com is my hostname for the mail server. I have to create an mx record from domainname to mail.domaimname.com. If this is correct, the hostname is only going to point to the ip address of the container. Reading other documentation i dont need to use a A record for the mail.domainname.com. If this is the case, how will the hostname reach the container ip address thats not available outsode of the network? Because the mail server uses port 8081 so its not just using the ip address.

I think there’s some misunderstanding. If you’re using Workspace with the Mail server installed on the same server, all things should be OK with correct DNS settings (MX record). I believe this guide might be useful: Setting up mail server - ONLYOFFICE
If I misunderstood the request, please clarify it.

I thought I had posted this, but I will post again. I owe you an apology. I went back and combed through my compose with a fine tooth comb. Noticed there was a typo in the hostname. I repeat, IT HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THE SOFTWARE!! Wanted to make that clear for anyone who comes to this.

1 Like

We are glad that the situation has been resolved.
Please feel free to contact us if you face any issues.